Call me a cop hater if you wish, but I don't see how you justify this shoot

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Wakko

Post by Wakko »

Yikes, that looks pretty bad.
Ricordo

Post by Ricordo »

I remember that, as a former FOP-affiliate counsel, my colleagues had a comment about first-impression cases like that.

"Darn!".
Let's Go Brandon
SteyrAUG

Post by SteyrAUG »

tector wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:50 pm
Dave P wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:44 pm Was the wheel chair man armed with a full auto tommy gun ??? Or was he threatening to run over little old ladies ??
Supposedly had a knife. And, hey, HE COULD HAVE BEEN FAKING ALL ALONG!
Knife is still a serious consideration. Even in a wheelchair even if a guy is injured and on his back, it merits serious caution. That said, I don't think this particular incident is defensible.

Also I don't think segging out bad cops or guys who probably shouldn't be cops makes anyone a cop hater. Nobody in law enforcement wants to partner up with a guy who is constantly in review.
boomboom

Post by boomboom »

You cannot allow the wheelchair guy to get back into the store, that's a given. Employees should have been told to shut the gate.
Grab some type of stick or piece of wood and toss it into the spokes of the chair
Bumping him and tipping him over with a car would have better than shooting
9 shots in the back was excessive and dumb
photohause

Post by photohause »

Ricordo wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:50 pm For all we now know, perhaps the officer was trying to stop the man from committing suicide with the knife.
suicide by cop
“You didn’t finish school, did you?
Ricordo

Post by Ricordo »

photohause wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:36 am
Ricordo wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:50 pm For all we now know, perhaps the officer was trying to stop the man from committing suicide with the knife.
suicide by cop
Initially, before reading the article, I thought that the individual was hard-of-hearing. That was dispelled upon reading about his interaction with the employee.

Assuming that he interacted face-to-face with the officer I put no blame on the officer if what happened is that he turned around and headed inside the store while refusing the officer's order to stay put. I could assume that if he had a knife, he could also have a gun. And the officer seemed to assume it also. A visit to the area to reproduce the incident could very well provide clarity to the situation, as the officer saw it at the moment.

Sure, I'm thinking like a former FOP-affiliate counsel, but details like that tell me that the officer is not entirely defenseless.
Let's Go Brandon
Casual

Post by Casual »

1... he could be faking the need for wheelchair?
2... he may have a knife
3... he may have a gun

1A: keep a controled distance, call for backup, keep citizens away?
2A: whats the distance knife rule? 30ft? Ok maintain that. Continue with verbal communication and keep citizens away.
3A... a LOT of handicapped people choose to have a gun. Because they are handicapped... possession doesnt equal death sentence