Lubbock TX shooting review

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
S&W collector

Post by S&W collector »

De-escalate, escape, and avoid. Definitely a can do versus should do. Get your family inside and call the cops.
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

Casual wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:44 pm
flcracker wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:05 pm Haven't watched the full background videos, but based on the linked YouTube clip I'd say......don't trespass on someone else's property and make inflammatory threats regarding child custody issues, and then try to grab a firearm from the person who has been ordering you to leave their property? 🤔
The father was looking for his child. It was his time to see the child. Woman was playing games ;)
Was the child actually there? If so, Dad should have left and called the cops to report interference with a child custody order. They might or might not have done anything to assist him in seeing his kid. He might have had to take mom back to family court, but he'd still be alive. If the kid wasn't there, then him staying and threatening the mom after being told to leave the property was the moment he got out his checkbook and pen. Threatening to disarm the homeowner and then grabbing for the gun was when he wrote the check that his ass couldn't cash.

I'm not saying that the homeowner was right - he could have easily de-escalated the situation by going inside and calling the cops. I'm just saying that the dead guy was wrong in continuing to stay on the property after being told to leave and then doubly wrong to grab for the guy's gun.

Who was right, who was wrong, and who could have done what to avoid the situation? Two jerks refused to back down and one ended up dead. And now the fight over the children continues between the dead man's widow and the mother of the children.... Sad all around.
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
Casual

Post by Casual »

It hit Fox's main stream today
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

As soon as the BF brought the gun out and shot on the ground my ass would have been out it just sad the mother is a B^%ch.
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.