Lubbock TX shooting review

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Casual

Lubbock TX shooting review

Post by Casual »

Came across news feed of mine...

I reviewed he 2 videos of the Nov 5th shooting and really have a hard time understanding why it had to escalate all the way to the gun. Having been living in Tx for the last 9 years i get our state laws etc... but the big picture thought process behind this person going back inside to get his gun.... escalating without calling cops etc....
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

Haven't watched the full background videos, but based on the linked YouTube clip I'd say......don't trespass on someone else's property and make inflammatory threats regarding child custody issues, and then try to grab a firearm from the person who has been ordering you to leave their property? 🤔
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
Casual

Post by Casual »

flcracker wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:05 pm Haven't watched the full background videos, but based on the linked YouTube clip I'd say......don't trespass on someone else's property and make inflammatory threats regarding child custody issues, and then try to grab a firearm from the person who has been ordering you to leave their property? 🤔
The father was looking for his child. It was his time to see the child. Woman was playing games ;)
tector

Post by tector »

Like 3 weeks ago I was in Lubbock for the first time in my life, so I am sure that I had some butterfly effect to cause this.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
Wakko

Post by Wakko »

flcracker wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:05 pm Haven't watched the full background videos, but based on the linked YouTube clip I'd say......don't trespass on someone else's property and make inflammatory threats regarding child custody issues, and then try to grab a firearm from the person who has been ordering you to leave their property? 🤔
The problem with that is what was the immediate danger? Why couldn't he go in the house and call 911 versus escalating it with the firearm? Can do versus should do...
tector

Post by tector »

Wakko wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:31 am
The problem with that is what was the immediate danger? Why couldn't he go in the house and call 911 versus escalating it with the firearm? Can do versus should do...
The best gunfight is the one you avoid.

Go in the house, call 911, shoot only if he breaks in. The castle doctrine is a much better legal basis than these unforced encounters.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
Wakko

Post by Wakko »

EXACTLY.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

tector wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:00 pm Like 3 weeks ago I was in Lubbock for the first time in my life, so I am sure that I had some butterfly effect to cause this.
Butterfly effect, is that from the movie where the guy goes back to the prehistoric era to hunt a dinosaur that was going to be struck by lightning, but steps on a butterfly outside the line causing the Nazi’s to win WW2? GARY
Wakko

Post by Wakko »

Yes, but there was a movie a while back called Butterfly Effect that really expounded on the long term repercussions of seemingly trivial decisions. It's definitely worth the watch. Ashton Kutcher was in it.
Casual

Post by Casual »

Wakko wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:31 am
That is kinda what some off these people cheering for judicial reform are talking about.... some of our laws are so open that theres no question Of can do vs should do.

Now im not a proponent for more laws, and even as shitty a shoot that i feel this is, The case law that will become history if he walks is a scary slippery slope.