For Underwater223556 (re: BST thread on P365)

Pistols of all descriptions.
FfNJGTFO

For Underwater223556 (re: BST thread on P365)

Post by FfNJGTFO »

Underwater223556 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:59 pm I have 2. Sig P365 9 mm 12 rd mags with the pinky finger ,never used 2 for $75. Tampa, Land O Lakes area jdaviddavid1@aol.com
[mention]Underwater223556[/mention] I saw your BST threads for the P365 12 round mags. Quick Question. Have you (or anyone else for that matter) had difficulty getting a full 12 rounds loaded into a 12 round P365 mag? I have a standard P365 (part of a "Tac Pac") with 3 12 round mags. The 12th round is always a PITA to get in to the mag, even with an Uplula. But what's worse, it's even harder to get the mag to lock into place into the P365. I literallly have to shove it in hard to get it to lock. Definitely a problem when you're trying to reload during a DGU/SHTF scenario. I also am concerned that, once locked into the P365, I can't rack it. This, or if one is already in the chamber, and it fires, it won't load the new round.

I'm currently using AE 9mm 115gr rounds for target practice and it's with these that I have the issue. I use Federal "Hydra Shok" 9mm JHP for EDC/DGU use and I do not have the problem with those. The 12th round does take effort to get in the mag, but the mag locks in correctly and I can rack it just fine when I used the Hydro Shok. It doesn't when I use the AE 9mm 115.

Have you (or anyone else) had these issues? I'm ready to call SIG-Sauer for some tech support.

Thanks.
mavrik

Post by mavrik »

No issues here I have a few of the 12 round mags. But a couple of things, of which you may already know. When loading about halfway through tap the mag to get all the rnds that are inserted already to get them seated if not correctly already. One other thing that helps is called an UpLula mag loader, it saves my thumbs in at 73 with bad knuckles any more it’s your helps. Mav
Deputydave

Post by Deputydave »

I have issues with loading both the 10 and 12 round mags when they are new. Got myself a Maglula and it's worth it's weight in gold!
Survival and Emergency Preparedness https://www.sepboard.us
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

mavrik wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:34 am No issues here I have a few of the 12 round mags. But a couple of things, of which you may already know. When loading about halfway through tap the mag to get all the rnds that are inserted already to get them seated if not correctly already. One other thing that helps is called an UpLula mag loader, it saves my thumbs in at 73 with bad knuckles any more it’s your helps. Mav
See above. I'm already using the Uplula. And I was having trouble with the 12th round anyway. The Uplula barely gets that 12th round in.

How would I tap it when "halfway?" Do I tap the rear end of the mag or straight flat down? I'll try that next time.

Thanks.
mavrik

Post by mavrik »

When the 11th round is in are you hearing rattling if you shake the mag? If so tap the back of the mag against your head ha ha or helmet to seat the rounds in there a little better, that may help. That was my intention when I made that comment. Yes the 12th round is difficult but I can do it with just my fingers, Or thumb I should say it’s just a lot easier with the uploader. Didn’t see that in your initial thread. Good luck. Mav
Underwater223556

Post by Underwater223556 »

At first I could only get 11 in a 12 rounder I left it alone. For a couple of weeks then. Got 12 in. They are very stiff when new