Any Silver Stackers Here?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Off To The Races

Any Silver Stackers Here?

Post by Off To The Races »

Just wondering how many here stack the shiny?

Started about 6 months ago and have thoroughly enjoyed it thus far. Not trying to get rich, but simply diversifying my portfolio as they say.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

I quit buying silver when it hit $6 an ounce, and quit buying gold when it hit $260 an ounce.
That was around 2005 for silver and 2002 for gold.
Off To The Races

Wish I had started sooner. Not sure how big the premiums were back then, but they’re $4-$5 per ounce nowadays for basics and $10 per ounce on Eagles!
45caldan

Post by 45caldan »

I have some in my safe.
Mostly but not all, Silver Eagles.
Bought some about 10 years ago and more not long ago when I saw the price starting to go up.
I try to forget it’s there and hopefully have it long enough to see it really appreciate which seems inevitable at some point not to far down the road but what do I know, I’m no financial wizard…
Off To The Races

Went to a local coin shop this afternoon (first time) and was informed that in Florida precious metal purchases under $500 are taxable unless they are US issued coins, then there is no tax. Purchases over $500 on non-US coins are also tax free. Never would have known this.
Spikes40

Post by Spikes40 »

i have a handful as well... usually only get when i can trade baseball cards or something else... rarely buy
BIG JOE

Post by BIG JOE »

I like US silver dollars They will always be worth at least $1.00. If it comes down you need to use them I would take US mint silver first over collectable stuff. Price is way high now.
BIG JOE
Flame Red

Post by Flame Red »

I stack ammo.

Wife is worrying that Bidumb inflation will make it so we cannot afford to eat. She is trying to grow a garden, but other than a couple miniature peppers and a couple cherry tomatoes, nothing grows. However, I see the squirrels get a good meal out of her garden!

I assure her that I can trade my ammo, one bullet at a time, and get all the food we need from the Libiturds that encircle us and voted to create this mess. :lol:
Ah that's one thing about our Flame, doesn't play any favorites! Flame hates everybody!
Off To The Races

Silver took an almost 3 percent dive today, so I had to buy the dip. That mixed with a nice low premium Black Friday sale at SD Bullion and I'm a happy man! Gonna take a little break for now, but that's easier said than done.
RyanHK21EOwner

Post by RyanHK21EOwner »

For every 100 oz of silver I buy at SD Bullion ~

I purchase a 1 oz gold piece they list for sale once every six months

I keep a 10:1 ratio in my metals portfolio…

I do have a 1 oz palladium coin from a trade for work I did a few years ago…
The Storm is coming on the Horizon...