Anyone ever heard of Crooked lake in Polk county

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Firemedic2000

Anyone ever heard of Crooked lake in Polk county

Post by Firemedic2000 »

We just got home from Gray's Cottages on Crooked lake in Babson Park between Frostproof and Lake Wales. Was going to stay a week but ended up staying 2 weeks. These are Cottages with kitchen dining room, living room and two bedrooms with cable tv in every room. Has a brand new Hugh dock and private boat ramp. Plus swimming area. Convenient store, Dollar General and Crooked lake fish house restaurant within walking distance

Not a Marriott but for 500.00 tax included for 7 days great place, that'sabout 71.00 a day for water front lodging and clean and well kept and great owners. I absolutely love Crooked lake and would sell my home in a heart beat and move there. Love the Frostbite and Johnny's Egg House in Frostproof. Man the food at these small places are awesome. Love Johnny's Egg House the most.

Fishing is awesome but had to be careful because I was not suppose to bend over alot, nor pick up anything heavy for 30 days :( there is Hugh catfish specks and bass in the lake. Water is extremely clear and clean.

The area reminds me of small town old Florida and people are friendly as can be. Where as Hillsborough County is turning south Hillsborough County into another Brandon type BS area by over building without the infrastructure to handle all the building taking place. I've lived and worked in Ruskin for 25 years and have seen it's small town atmosphere just destroyed.

Plus traffic is becoming horrible and as always the more people the more crime. These developers built these Hugh subdivisions and owners/speculators just section eighted them out.. I'll stop on that subject but you can figure it out. Thanks Tampa for trying to move the projects to south county so you can knock down and build high dollars condos :x

Kinda like Plant City was screwed up by all the building of massive subdivisions. :( that's why we moved from Plant City to Ruskin and now Ruskin is being F'd up. Fortunately the point does not suffer from these criminals badly. Neighbors watch out for each other here and it being a dead-end road. That said I've installed home security system and ring cams that cover every part of my property. Plus I've got attack cats and raccoons :lol:

Just got home and already miss the lake

But Frostproof is like old Plant City. I can see this even better now :lol:
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

We did all-day sails on Crooked Lake with our Boy Scout troop back in the late 70s - early 80s. Would put in at Cody Cove boat ramp, sail down to the college for lunch, then sail back. Drove through there last year to check it out but didn't stay. Thanks for the reminder - will have to think about a stay down there.
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)