Trying to buy an electric bike

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Ger42

Trying to buy an electric bike

Post by Ger42 »

I Ordered a Rad Wagon 4 on 10 /28 site said Ships: Within 3 Business Days. I checked status on 11/01 it had a UPS tracking number. UPS site says Label printed COME BACK TOMORROW FOR AN UPDATED DELIVERY DATE?
Emailed the company they replied it was shipped 11/1 they billed me on 10/30 date the UPS has as label being printed. They said shippers are taking up to 10 days to update their tracking. Like a dumb ass I used paypal to pay so I am out $2,000 until Paypal finishes their investigation after Thanksgiving.

I've sent the company Emails every day the latest response is below. They are trying to convince me UPS has the package but is delaying scanning it because they are busy.

I've been monitoring your order and I too am seeing that the order is still showing as confirmed. One of the toughest things with this is our system shows it as sent while UPS can't legally confirm possession until that first scan has been completed. We have seen extended delays on this as carriers are in their peak season for volume. We have requested the return to sender so that will be completed once the first scan does occur.

Along with Chris, I will continue to monitor the order and if we haven't seen any updates by Monday 11/15, we will go ahead and initiate the return for the bike. I understand this has been quite the experience and I apologize that has been the case. We truly appreciate your patience and understanding as we work to get this resolved.

Thank you!
Stay safe
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

I would always Google review the company before buying even going far as to look them up on BBB to see the reviews as well.
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
Ger42

Post by Ger42 »

lakelandman wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:57 am I would always Google review the company before buying even going far as to look them up on BBB to see the reviews as well.
I did after, F from BBB
amheck

Post by amheck »

Rad is one of the bigger ebike companies. Plenty of happy customers. Sucks that you are having a delay in shipping though
neonnight34609

Post by neonnight34609 »

i have a Himiway and love it. I don't use it as much as I thought I would but still a solid bike that goes anywhere i want it to. prices have gone way up and some companies have put speed limiters on them.
Common sense isn't so common these days
Ger42

Post by Ger42 »

got my money back Tuesday. They still insist it is in route to me.
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

Yeah, Some companies are trip like that insane how some are still in business.
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

I have seen people put up with excuses for YEARS after they ordered something from terrible companies. They are either lying or it was stolen/lost by the shipper. Either way, you are legally owed a refund for any transaction that goes 30 days beyond the quoted shipping time and you didn't give them permission for an extension on it.