Alec Baldwin fired prop gun that led to death on movie set (according to authorities)

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
45caldan

Alec Baldwin fired prop gun that led to death on movie set (according to authorities)

Post by 45caldan »

How does something like this happen!?
He'll probably use his stupidity to push for gun control...
https://nypost.com/2021/10/21/2-injured ... film-rust/
Legio
Site Admin

Post by Legio »

45caldan wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:56 am How does something like this happen!?
Hire professionals, not low pay vaccinated wannabees.
45caldan wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:56 am He'll probably use his stupidity to push for gun control...
If you're anti-gun then maybe don't play in movies where you shoot guns.
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

Woke Hollywood at it again.
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
BerettaRacer

Post by BerettaRacer »

It happened to Bruce Lee's son, Brandon Lee, back in the 90's on the movie set for "The Crow".
Something to the effect there unknowingly was a squib in the barrel, then a full power blank pushed the squib just like a live round.
I'll tell you what rule we applied sir.
We applied rule 303.
We caught them and we shot them under rule 303!

Harry "Breaker" Morant
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

Prop guns fire blanks, gunpowder charges that produce a flash and a bang but not a hard projectile. But when the trigger is pulled, the paper or plastic wadding is ejected from the barrel with enough force that it can be lethal at close range, as proved to be the case in the death of an actor in 1984. In another on-set accident in 1993, the actor son of martial arts star Bruce Lee was killed after a bullet was left in a prop gun. GARY.
OSD

Post by OSD »

Sometimes real firearms are used in scenes(using blanks), especially when shooting close-up scenes for effect, look, and feel.
Jim
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

I dunno. When I hand a weapon to someone, I check it, even if I checked it a minute before. When someone hands me a weapon, I check it, even if it's someone I trust. I guess it's just me. Baldwin wants to tell others what to do, even though it's obvious he doesn't know what he's talking about.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
Flame Red

Post by Flame Red »

OSD wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:22 am Sometimes real firearms are used in scenes(using blanks), especially when shooting close-up scenes for effect, look, and feel.
Gee, too bad some of the HollyKommie's idiots don't put a blank to their own head and pull the trigger. Maybe they would cured them of being hypocrites hopefully permanently. Nah! After all, they all KNOW that blanks are harmless!
Ah that's one thing about our Flame, doesn't play any favorites! Flame hates everybody!
Big_mike

Post by Big_mike »

Brandon Lee died from a crimped blank cartridge case separation, the crimp never opened and a piece of brass became a projectile.

According to IATSE, Alec Baldwin fired a live round from the 'prop' pistol and claimed he did not know it was loaded. It doesn't sound like a blank failure.

Many prop pistols have a chamber obstruction like a pin through the throat to prevent a live round from chambering. Sounds like they used a real firearm and called it a prop pistol.
Bmup

Post by Bmup »

"Why was I handed a hot gun?" Baldwin says.
https://nypost.com/2021/10/22/alec-bald ... -shooting/

So let me get this straight; two directors are on a movie set & filming, right? Baldwin shoots both & one of them dies, right? So when did Hollywood directors put themselves into a scene that is being filmed and why was Baldwin aiming at both of them when he pulled the trigger?

Twice.

Also,being a Western, I'm assuming he was handed a period correct revolver - wouldn't that have been a single action pistol? He would have to have pulled the hammer back twice to fire twice.

My bet is that he was clowning on set when he "shot" them just for laughs.
"Biden/Harris 2024 - It's a No Brainer!"

"No society ever thrived because it had a large group of parasites living off those who produce." - Dr. Thomas Sowell