EFORM question

Machine guns, SBRs, SBSs, suppressors, destructive devices, AOW (any other weapon)
neverenoughguns

EFORM question

Post by neverenoughguns »

When filling out forms, I run into an issue w my home computer. It will not allow me (in Adobe) to fill in the CLEO pages and the text from the "ATF COPY" does not automatically transfer to the CLEO pages like it does w/ my work computer.

When you guys submit the scanned form1 to ATF, do you scan and upload just the ATF COPY or do you scan and upload the ATF COPY and the CLEO Copy as well in one pdf? (It is my understanding that we only mail to ATF the version that they provide in the email after submittal which appears to be generated from the EFORM anyway, not from the submitted scanned FORM1.
Flashooter22

Post by Flashooter22 »

Are you talking about the 5320 Responsible Persons form? That should be the only thing you have to fill out in pdf and scan, and that is only needed if you do a trust with more than one person. I have been doing mine as an individual and they are not required to be filled out and scanned as eforms has accommodations for one person on it built into the form.
ss1

Post by ss1 »

I think I remember having these issues with Adobe acrobat and certain browsers with the eform. It’s been a little while but try switching browsers like chrome or edge. My girlfriend still uses aol for everything and half the time it doesn’t work properly including PDFs.
NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

Not sure I follow.

I've only done 2 eForms, but neither involved "scanning" or using an Adobe software product.

You fill out all the information required on the eForm/ATF web app, and just print it. It will print (2) copies (one for your records, one for CLEO) and a cover letter for your fingerprint cards.

Not sure about the 5320, but my browser lets me edit it without other software. I've always filed as an individual so never needed it, at least I don't remember needing it.

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/form/ ... 3/download
neverenoughguns

Post by neverenoughguns »

NorincoKid wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:10 am Not sure I follow.

I've only done 2 eForms, but neither involved "scanning" or using an Adobe software product.

You fill out all the information required on the eForm/ATF web app, and just print it. It will print (2) copies (one for your records, one for CLEO) and a cover letter for your fingerprint cards.

Not sure about the 5320, but my browser lets me edit it without other software. I've always filed as an individual so never needed it, at least I don't remember needing it.

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/form/ ... 3/download
I know it doesn't make any sense but when I click on the above, I can fill everything out until I get to the CLEO section. There, it allows me to click the boxes for the type of form (form 1, form 4 or form 5) but does NOT allow me to actually fill anything out in the other sections of the CLEO section. It is really strange. I am thinking it might be related to the fact that I am using an older iMac?