Kydex, leather or other?

State and national practical & political discussions on legal open, concealed and vehicle carry.

Kydex, leather or other for your holster material?

Kydex
42%
Leather
36%
Other (please explain)
21%

Total votes: 33

Maxxx17

Post by Maxxx17 »

I have both holster options at home. In general, I always choose the Best Holster for Glock 43X. And it mostly depends on the design, not the material. But if I had to choose, I would choose Kydex.
Last edited by Maxxx17 on Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deputydave

Post by Deputydave »

I wish my kydex had more of a forward can’t like my leather holsters.
Survival and Emergency Preparedness https://www.sepboard.us
tcpip95

Post by tcpip95 »

Same as @Odessaman and @TonyR. It depends on the application. For my IWB EDC carry I use a lightweight nylon holster. However, when hunting in grizzly country I’m wearing a GunfightersINC Kenai chest rig that is kydex. The kydex let’s me precisely form the pistol for a smooth draw, yet is strong enough to hold it in the holster even when upside down.

I do love the feel of leather though and have several leather IWB and OWB holsters.
AverageJoe

Post by AverageJoe »

Kydex, it's sweatproof.
cal45

Post by cal45 »

Switched to Kydex when Vedder holsters became active and offered their Lighttuck IWB.
The cherry on top is that they are right here in FL (Mt Dora) and fully support them.
pastorp

Post by pastorp »

Always quality leather is my choice. I guess I’m old school. Some small guns I pocket carry, but not often.