Intellectual Yet Idiot

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
P5 Guy

Intellectual Yet Idiot

Post by P5 Guy »

I say it is more like they are so out of touch with the regular folks they cannot see the damage they are doing.
I always thought the saying "The road to hell is paved with good intentions" held more truth than any others.
lighteye

Post by lighteye »

Absolutely not wrong on any of it. Also, the very pointy jab at huffpo at the end, lol
tector

Post by tector »

Orwell: "One has to belong to the intelligentsia to believe things like that: no ordinary man could be such a fool."
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

Well, there was a farmer in his field, trying to get a mule to pull a wagon of hay. The mule just stood there, proving the metaphor. So, the farmer beat the mule about the head and shoulders, to no avail. A fellow, standing by the side of the road and leaning in the fence called out, "Don't beat that poor animal, he just needs to be taught in the right way. " The farmer asked what that might be. The fellow said, "Give me the mule for a year and he'll have a college education." So, the farmer decided, since he wasn't getting anywhere as it was, to go along with the offer.

A year went by, and the farmer wondered if he'd see his mule again. A little while later that day, the fellow came walking up the road, mule in tow. The farmer asked if the mule had been educated. The fellow assured him he was. So, the farmer hitched the mule to a wagon and told the mule to take the wagon to the barn. The mule just stood there. The farmer told him again, same non-result. He said to the fellow that he saw no improvement. At that, the fellow whacked the mule across the nose with a 2x4. The farmer asked why he had to do that, and wondered if the mule in fact had been educated. The fellow assured the farmer he was, and said, "He's educated, but you first have to get his attention."
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.