New Century MKE AP5-P.

Pistols of all descriptions.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

I’m certainly happy with it. And the price is right. And Century imported a bunch. Not like the sporadic shipments from Zenith which were sold out the day they hit the dock. GARY.
cal45

Post by cal45 »

Started to look at MKE AP5-P and the PTR 9KT as I'm finding the HK SP5K's hard to find and dealers in my area don't have any idea when one will come in - and won't commit to a price as it seems they will be adding a mark up based on demand. As you stated earlier, the PTR has the fixed rail on top plus comes with plastic mags (prefer to have metal on this setup). Going to look at the AP5-P at my local dealer this week and may just go that route if I like the feel and quality.
NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

If given the choice between the AP5 (Turkish) and the PSA5 or PTR (USA) I'd go with the import, for a few reasons.

1.) The Turkish/MKE/Century imports are made on German tooling, same tooling used for military contracts and issued weapons.

2.) Imports can disappear with a stroke of a pen.... Arguably a better potential investment down the road

3.) Features. Some like the welded pic rail on the receiver, personally I do not. Its easier to add a claw mount if needed than remove the rail if unwanted.

4.) Features. The MKE/Import retains that classic MP5 "evil third pin" swing down grip assembly, and at least "looks" like a more authentic MP5.

The only negative I see with the Century import is the rear-most denial bar, so its not quite "sear ready" without some cutting. But for 99.8% of the units sold, that will never be a factor anyways. And that's "if" they're still setup like the older MKE imports. I haven't fondled any of the new ones, maybe they are different. Not sure.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

NorincoKid wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:02 pm If given the choice between the AP5 (Turkish) and the PSA5 or PTR (USA) I'd go with the import, for a few reasons.

1.) The Turkish/MKE/Century imports are made on German tooling, same tooling used for military contracts and issued weapons.

2.) Imports can disappear with a stroke of a pen.... Arguably a better potential investment down the road

3.) Features. Some like the welded pic rail on the receiver, personally I do not. Its easier to add a claw mount if needed than remove the rail if unwanted.

4.) Features. The MKE/Import retains that classic MP5 "evil third pin" swing down grip assembly, and at least "looks" like a more authentic MP5.

The only negative I see with the Century import is the rear-most denial bar, so its not quite "sear ready" without some cutting. But for 99.8% of the units sold, that will never be a factor anyways. And that's "if" they're still setup like the older MKE imports. I haven't fondled any of the new ones, maybe they are different. Not sure.
The block is still at the back of the receiver. I sent a bunch of photos to cal45, but he didn’t post that photo. If he still has it, he can show the block. But like you said, to 99.8% of us, it’s a non issue. GARY.
cal45

Post by cal45 »

N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

There’s the block. The trade off for having the lower pin by the mag well which not even the HK SP5 has. Since I don’t plan on buying a trigger pack, it’s a non issue for me. Thanks cal45. GARY.
neverenoughguns

Post by neverenoughguns »

I bought the century Mp5k version and received my stamp about a month ago. Runs like a top. Loads of fun. Only problem is that it is cutting into my ammo budget as I load 8 mags for each range trip. Lots of fun.

Paddle mag release is cool. Wish the century versions shipped w three mags like the zeniths did.

Only draw back was the “century” name on the side but it is the same as my zenith so guess it doesn’t matter.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

neverenoughguns wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:19 pm Paddle mag release is cool. Wish the century versions shipped w three mags like the zeniths did.
The trade off is the Century guns come with the flash hider, while the Zenith’s did not. GARY
https://atlanticfirearms.com/century-ar ... 7450668539
neverenoughguns

Post by neverenoughguns »

N4KVE wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:10 pm
neverenoughguns wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:19 pm Paddle mag release is cool. Wish the century versions shipped w three mags like the zeniths did.
The trade off is the Century guns come with the flash hider, while the Zenith’s did not. GARY
https://atlanticfirearms.com/century-ar ... 7450668539
Yup. First thing I did was take off the stupid flash hider. It is a 9mm, I don’t see the point. Also, it conflicts w suppressor installation.
George W

Post by George W »

I picked up an AP5 last week. My LGS had one at an attractive price. So far, I'm impressed. The flash hider is odd and was difficult to get off the first time. Since it has a tri-lug and a threaded barrel (with thread protector) it should be a good host for my 36M when it gets out of the pinta. I plan to SBR it on a Form 1 eventually, but will use it with a brace in the meantime.