Fancy Flying

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Springfield

Fancy Flying

Post by Springfield »

see https://apnews.com/article/religion-flo ... 3b17baf9ca
Alone in the sky, pilot and fiancee save 17 in Tenn. flood
By TRAVIS LOLLER
Helicopter pilot Joel Boyers, who co-owns Helistar Aviation, said he ended up rescuing 17 people that day. He’s proud of that, but said he’s the one who should be thanking them.

The weather was terrible and Boyers had to contend with hills and high-voltage power lines on the way to Waverly, a small city about 60 miles (96 kilometers) west of Nashville. ... A few people were out in boats, rescuing the stranded, and one person was helping with a jet ski, but Boyers was alone in the sky. He started flying up and down the flooded creek, grabbing anyone he could. ... He has flown over disasters, including floods, before, but “the cops are usually there, and my hands are tied. This time there weren’t any.”
Full story at link above. I've known a few helicopter pilots, they hate power lines and bad weather. This guy must be quite some pilot, with balls of steel.
TonyR

Post by TonyR »

Balls of steel & a heart.
Three can keep a secret.......if two are Dead !
S&W collector

Post by S&W collector »

We need more stories like this put out by the mainstream media but it will never happen.
photohause

Post by photohause »

S&W collector wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:57 pm We need more stories like this put out by the mainstream media but it will never happen.
I agree. Flying near those power lines was very iffy. Well done sir.
“You didn’t finish school, did you?
osprey21

Post by osprey21 »

The term "hero" is thrown around a lot these days - this man really is one.
Believe nothing the MSM tells you.