Who likes pay pal?

Official web sites and other useful information.
ADulay

Post by ADulay »

I'm another guy who has used PayPal for many, many years.

Never had a problem with them and their security is probably one of the best.

I don't go out of my way to use Paypal but sometimes it's just the most efficient way to buy something online, especially at some places that I might see once a year.

CVS, Walgreens and Publix are all "anti-gun" but I still need to pick up my pharmacy and food stuff from time to time.

Don't like PayPal? Don't use it. Pretty simple.

AD
JBubba57

Post by JBubba57 »

I've used PayPal for many years. I don't like to, because of their anti-2A stance, but it is awfully fast and convenient, and free if the money comes from my bank account and I send it to "friends and family." I never put anything in the pay-to order, and never let a merchant/seller send me an invoice, that has guns, firearms, ammo, colt, H&K, gunbroker, etc. in the order/invoice, and of course, the sender and send-ee names used can't be gun-related either--can't send money to GunsForYouForever@gmail.com, for example. Otherwise, PayPal can freeze both my account and the people I'm paying with it, even if it has funds deposited in the account. Now, you might lose the PayPal guarantee that comes with the service, to replace or refund for a bad/incorrect/etc. item, or still have your accounts frozen, if you have to appeal to PayPal about it but the item is actually firearms related, so I don't use it for expensive items, just items I could live without and can live without getting a refund for that amount.,

I absolutely despise getting a USPS money order--the post office's customer service is abysmal, and they don't give you a whole lot of space for writing in your pay-to and memo items. I got a WalMart m.o. once, and it's faster than going to the P.O., for what that's worth.

Instead, I usually use Wells Fargo (my long-time bank, since 1979), and my checking account there gives me FREE cashier's checks (or bank money orders, if the merchant/seller insists on having a m.o.), and Wells Fargo even fills in the info on the checks if I give them a piece of paper with the info, and give me a free business envelope to mail it with, to boot. Driving there is more convenient than going to the post office, and I can use drive through for it. The merchants/sellers I give the Wells Fargo checks to either cash them at a Wells Fargo where they are, or deposit them into their own checking accounts. And I am able to call a 1-800 # (if I provide info from the checks-- amount, check #) and find out whether it has been deposited/paid yet by the recipient. And for the last several years, Wells Fargo has not buckled to pressure to cancel out banking clients or customers who deal in firearms-related merchandise transactions, as far as I know, so they're far better than Bank of America or Citibank in that regard.

Lately another alternative is to use a PayPal-like service to send the money, but from the bank (lots of banks use it)--that service is known as Zelle. You just log on to your bank account and use Zelle and pay to someone's phone # or email. It works well, and is free, at least for me. https://www.zellepay.com/

I have at times deposited funds directly into merchant's/seller's bank or credit union accounts, if they have such an account where I live, and that shortens the time for payment to shipment, but not all people are comfortable giving out the bank account numbers and bank (even though it's actually less info than you'd get if you had an actual personal check from someone).
Member since early Obama regime
HK, Ruger, Browning fan
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

I have a new reason to hate PP as of this morning.

I was planning on canceling my membership in a certain organization. I even advised them that I'd be doing it. I had changed my checking account, and I never updated the org with my new ATM #.

Turns out, i didn't have to. I had totally forgotten that payment to this org (on 01/01 of each year) was automatically renewed by Paypal (which does have my updated checking account info)! ARRRGGGGGHHHH!

The payment/renewal is now deleted, but the damage has been done for this year. I'll be a member of it for 2022, at least. :evil:
TC6969

Post by TC6969 »

FfNJGTFO wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:49 pm I have a new reason to hate PP as of this morning.

I was planning on canceling my membership in a certain organization. I even advised them that I'd be doing it. I had changed my checking account, and I never updated the org with my new ATM #.

Turns out, i didn't have to. I had totally forgotten that payment to this org (on 01/01 of each year) was automatically renewed by Paypal (which does have my updated checking account info)! ARRRGGGGGHHHH!

The payment/renewal is now deleted, but the damage has been done for this year. I'll be a member of it for 2022, at least. :evil:
Hate all you want, but I'm having a problem seeing where PayPal is at fault here.
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

TC6969 wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:56 pm
FfNJGTFO wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:49 pm I have a new reason to hate PP as of this morning.

Hate all you want, but I'm having a problem seeing where PayPal is at fault here.
Oh, they're not. Unless you want to claim that they should have some mechanism to advise you that a renewal payment is upcoming... (i.e. 5 days notice). But, of course, they aren't required to do that either.

But that doesn't mean I still can't hate 'em. :twisted: :mrgreen: