If 9/11 happened again, how much would you care?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
tector

If 9/11 happened again, how much would you care?

Post by tector »

That's a provocatively phrased question, I admit, but hear me out.

Except for some commie shitbags, every American was outraged by what happened on 9/11. As we approach the 20th anniversary of that event, I thought what would happen if there was another 9/11--with NYC and DC targeted again. How would the rest of America react?

I have to tell you, I would care a lot less. Those are the nests of the political, media and business elites that despise you and me (you can toss in Hollywood, Silicon Valley and Seattle, too). They have made that more than clear in the past two decades. We are the deplorables that need to be replaced, and they want the borders opened to do just that. They have transformed the US military into a disgraceful shadow of its former self whose primary mission is "social justice." While many of the foot soldiers are still the best people on earth, its leadership is traitorous scum. I would never advise a young person to go into the military now--in the future they are more likely to wind up fighting patriots than any real enemy of the United States.

The elites hate us for the same reason Red China cannot tolerate Hong Kong or Taiwan--tyrants can't stand to see a free people prosper. They are doing their very best to install the same structures that the ChiComs have perfected, "social credits," a surveillance state, etc. If they were to reap what they have sown, I am not sure why I should care.

It saddens me to conclude this. But I think the America we knew and grew up in is dead. Maybe all old farts think this way of the past, but I really just don't give a damn any more for those who have done the deed (which includes the voters that have fostered them).
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

I agree with your assessment.
The greatest threat to our liberty and prosperity is our own damn government and the people who love it.
R/Griff
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

As it so happens, I participated as directly as as I possibly could (while staying alive) in 9/11. I was working about 12 blocks north of Ground Zero in TriBeCa when the alert occurred. Our building was the next highest building after the twin towers and likely the next target if there were more aircraft coming from the north. We were evacuated from our building quickly. Within an hour, all those below a certain managerial level (which I was) were evacuated out of TriBeCa. I made it to Chelsea where my cousin was living. She was asleep. But I digress.

Anyway, I sincerely hope that we have learned a few lessons. Specifically, that most of us and our loved ones will no longer serve as voluntary targets for terrorists. I'm sorry to say, I honestly don't think Manhattan will ever see the likes of me again. Nor will a major "American" based airline like "United" or "American." I doubt I'll ever see the inside of a stadium, or a concert hall, or even a movie theater, or other places considered either "soft" or "hard" targets. I get my groceries delivered now and rarely travel to the grocery store. Now, am I missing part of the free life I used to enjoy? Perhaps, but it's a price I'm willing to pay. If I have to go to a concert, or gathering (i.e. graduation of a family member), I'll do that. But if I don't have to, then it ain't worth it.

As for what might happen to the country, no one (especially myself) wants to see anyone perish... certainly like that. I just have to hope that enough of us freedom loving Americans remain to rebuild this country as the land of the free.
Lastrites

Post by Lastrites »

While not 9/11 style this past year of china virus was such an attack and we do nothing...but we are likely just as much at fault providing all the info and tech the chicoms needed, thank you fauci.
Flame Red

Post by Flame Red »

No, the Kommies-in-Charge did NOT learn the lessons. The Kommies-in-Charge are sowing the seeds of the next 911. The Taliban are taking over Afghanistan. The Taliban are killing off anyone that opposes them and taking the country back over. Won't be long till some terrorist $hit-bag uses it as a base of operations again and the Taliban seek revenge.

But to tell you the truth, I don't see the next 911 to being as significant as the last. Oh sure, the Kommies-in-charge will use it as an excuse for the next Patriot Act to remove any remaining liberties, if there are any liberties or a Constitution left by then. After all, the Chi-Coms released their most effective biological weapon that will soon make China the biggest economy and the world's most powerful military. Well that and 50 years of STUPID US policies by both parties handed it to them on a silver platter, What was not handed to them the Chi-Coms just stole. And now we have the Kongress a$$wipes spending the dollar into oblivion so that the Yuan will certainly displace the $ as the world's exchange currency.

The Chi-Coms learned the lesson of the Japanese in WW2 - doing get into a shooting war, win your political objectives by degrading your oppositions society into a bunch of faggot metro-sexual dependent pussies that are totally dependent on the Chi-Coms for everything they need.
Ah that's one thing about our Flame, doesn't play any favorites! Flame hates everybody!
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

$80 billion trade deficit…Americans are buying (consuming) more than we are producing because we’ve priced ourselves right out of global competition for goods.
Inflation has eroded the wealth of the middle class to the point where I can’t afford much of what’s made in America any more.
SteyrAUG

Post by SteyrAUG »

The people jumping to their death from the towers, the hostages on the planes that were turned into missiles, I don't think most of them were "elite" anything and I certainly don't consider them our enemies.
tcpip95

Post by tcpip95 »

I find myself very jaded now towards the actions of our government and our “allies”. Were it to happen again I will protect my family and my own interests. Since I honestly do not trust our government I would not support sending a single service man into harms way outside of our own soil. If I knew who caused the attack (I.e. Afghanistan, Iran, etc.) I would rain steel and explosives on their cities and population for 40 days and 40 nights. I would kill men, women and children indiscriminately in retaliation for them harboring those who attacked me. I would be Genghis Khan incarnate, and I would sleep very well at night.
tector

Post by tector »

SteyrAUG wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:56 pm The people jumping to their death from the towers, the hostages on the planes that were turned into missiles, I don't think most of them were "elite" anything and I certainly don't consider them our enemies.
Oh, no question almost all killed were innocents by any sane definition of the word. I never said otherwise. I also never said I wanted another 9/11 to happen--I don't. But the people of NYC and DC overwhelming support the people who want to bury us, literally. You don't get Schumer, AOC, etc., by a lottery. The same goes for Pelosi, Newsom, etc. They overwhelmingly vote for the people who have destroyed the America we knew. If they were to once again reap what they have sown, I'll be damned if I urge any young person to go to war again.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
tector

Post by tector »

tcpip95 wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:39 pm I find myself very jaded now towards the actions of our government and our “allies”. Were it to happen again I will protect my family and my own interests. Since I honestly do not trust our government I would not support sending a single service man into harms way outside of our own soil. If I knew who caused the attack (I.e. Afghanistan, Iran, etc.) I would rain steel and explosives on their cities and population for 40 days and 40 nights. I would kill men, women and children indiscriminately in retaliation for them harboring those who attacked me. I would be Genghis Khan incarnate, and I would sleep very well at night.
What should have been done, in the fall of 2001, is when we learned that Osama and his AQ butt-buddies were hidden away in Tora Bora, we should have just nuked the fuck out of that remote mountain area--that's it. No invasions anywhere, no toppling governments, none of that delusional bullshit. That would have sent a message 100x more effective than what we eventually did. We would have saved thousands of American lives, and 100s of thousands of innocent Afghani and Iraqi lives.