Got To Be A Better Way

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
P5 Guy

Got To Be A Better Way

Post by P5 Guy »

Four Clearwater Police officers stopped him minutes later, about 100 yards from Pier 60. Taylor, who also carried a handgun on his hip, wasn’t worried. He was used to being stopped by cops — he sought it out, even. This is what the camera was for.

Taylor, proprietor of a YouTube channel called The Armed Fisherman, has for three years traveled Florida with his fishing pole, flag and weapons. He almost always provokes a police response, which he gladly uploads. The videos get tens of thousands of views, part of an online ecosystem of so-called civil-rights auditors, who invite and film confrontations with police and other officials.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/he ... d=msedgntp

:?: If Grady Judd were an open carry promoter :?:
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

I respect Mr. Taylor's actions. But you really want to send a loud message? Join GOA and pledge to show up to the Gun Owners Lobby Day at the Capitol and openly wear an empty holster.
Communism - 20th Century Mass Murder Champions
R.I.P. Edward Avila - AR15.COM Founder
Check out my gun blog - https://www.newwavefirearms.com
Florida State Director for Gun Owners of America - Join GOA
Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast »

what ever happened with the guys in Miami Beach that were detained
and held at gunpoint ?
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools !
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

Slartibartfast wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:48 pm what ever happened with the guys in Miami Beach that were detained
and held at gunpoint ?
That was Mr. Taylor and his group. FL Carry is suing Miami Beach.
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

Miami_JBT wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:20 pm I respect Mr. Taylor's actions. But you really want to send a loud message? Join GOA and pledge to show up to the Gun Owners Lobby Day at the Capitol and openly wear an empty holster.
I believe Mr Taylor is sending a pretty clear and loud message. He's not breaking any laws and it is LEO'S responsibly to know and follow the laws they are suppose to know and enforce.

I always open carry while fishing. Started it when fishing at Sebastian Inlet. I was carrying concealed fishing late at night on the north end of bridge while RVing there. A group of 4 or 5 diversed citizens with no fishing gear started approaching me. I was on the catwalk under bridge. I moved in such a way that my sidearm was exposed. They immediately stopped and turned and left. I'd handed out whatever it took before being robbed and or being thrown into that water.

Have Open carried in RV/camping area also. Never had a problem. That said the only time I realy do open carry while fishing is at night, while in a boat or kayak. Other wise conceal is king to me. You just need to be aware of your surroundings at all times and read, profile or what ever you wish to called. Plus follow your gut instincts it's usually right.

If you feel something is not right leave that area. Carry a weapon as a deterrent not a means to an end. Unless you have no choice. Use your head. Bad guys do not like to confront armed citizens. Remember those young men that were murdered at that fishing hole in Polk county not long ago.

But hey if it's legal LE should be educated on the laws and the best way to do that is by exercising those laws. Alot do not exercise laws out of fear of persecution by L.E. Other states have open carry and carry openly without problems. But all the officers I've dealt with have been pretty cool about it.

Anti gun areas like Pinellas and Pasco counties. I've met officers from there that are totally against citizens even owning guns. That must be on employment applications there :lol: Alot of transplants from blue states I believe. That do not know Florida law.

I agree though for legislation join and back gun groups like GOA. But to exercise you rights per our laws you do not need to be a member of any group. It's LEO'S responsibly to know the laws they are hired to enforce. Just as it is for each and everyone of us to know those very same laws if you exercise them. Only then can our LEO'S be educated and learn how to deal with it. Experience is the best teacher.

As far as prosecutors goes. They can kiss my a@@ they damn sure better know Florida law. That's my .02 cents on this issue. Snow birds or blue state transplants don't like our laws screw them. Read the BILL board at our state line.

Article should read prosecutors are looking for anything they can make up to charge Mr Taylor with other than obeying Florida law.
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

Firemedic2000 wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:22 pm
Miami_JBT wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:20 pm I respect Mr. Taylor's actions. But you really want to send a loud message? Join GOA and pledge to show up to the Gun Owners Lobby Day at the Capitol and openly wear an empty holster.
I believe Mr Taylor is sending a pretty clear and loud message. He's not breaking any laws and it is LEO'S responsibly to know and follow the laws they are suppose to know and enforce.

I always open carry while fishing. Started it when fishing at Sebastian Inlet. I was carrying concealed fishing late at night on the north end of bridge while RVing there. A group of 4 or 5 diversed citizens with no fishing gear started approaching me. I was on the catwalk under bridge. I moved in such a way that my sidearm was exposed. They immediately stopped and turned and left. I'd handed out whatever it took before being robbed and or being thrown into that water.

Have Open carried in RV/camping area also. Never had a problem. That said the only time I realy do open carry while fishing is at night, while in a boat or kayak. Other wise conceal is king to me. You just need to be aware of your surroundings at all times and read, profile or what ever you wish to called. Plus follow your gut instincts it's usually right.

If you feel something is not right leave that area. Carry a weapon as a deterrent not a means to an end. Unless you have no choice. Use your head. Bad guys do not like to confront armed citizens. Remember those young men that were murdered at that fishing hole in Polk county not long ago.

But hey if it's legal LE should be educated on the laws and the best way to do that is by exercising those laws. Alot do not exercise laws out of fear of persecution by L.E. Other states have open carry and carry openly without problems. But all the officers I've dealt with have been pretty cool about it.

Anti gun areas like Pinellas and Pasco counties. I've met officers from there that are totally against citizens even owning guns. That must be on employment applications there :lol: Alot of transplants from blue states I believe. That do not know Florida law.

I agree though for legislation join and back gun groups like GOA. But to exercise you rights per our laws you do not need to be a member of any group. It's LEO'S responsibly to know the laws they are hired to enforce. Just as it is for each and everyone of us to know those very same laws if you exercise them. Only then can our LEO'S be educated and learn how to deal with it. Experience is the best teacher.

As far as prosecutors goes. They can kiss my a@@ they damn sure better know Florida law. That's my .02 cents on this issue. Snow birds or blue state transplants don't like our laws screw them. Read the BILL board at our state line.

Article should read prosecutors are looking for anything they can make up to charge Mr Taylor with other than obeying Florida law.
I agree with everything, but there is one small problem with Mr. Taylor's approach.

It is but one tool.

Lawmakers are deaf and currently, unless gun owners get loud, Lawmakers will continue to be deaf.

Doing an open carry fishing event is not possible at the Capitol.

Showing up at the Capitol for a lobby day and protesting our absurd laws by openly carrying a empty holster as gun owners swarm the Capitol and their Lawmakers' offices does send a loud message.

Furthermore, doing so during actual committee meetings sends an even louder message.

But no one shows up, so Lawmakers stay deaf.

Edit to add....

Most cops don't know the law and they won't know it. I was an uphill struggle when I was one to push for proper training.
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

Miami_JBT wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:40 pm
Firemedic2000 wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:22 pm

I agree with everything, but there is one small problem with Mr. Taylor's approach.

It is but one tool.

Lawmakers are deaf and currently, unless gun owners get loud, Lawmakers will continue to be deaf.

Doing an open carry fishing event is not possible at the Capitol.

Showing up at the Capitol for a lobby day and protesting our absurd laws by openly carrying a empty holster as gun owners swarm the Capitol and their Lawmakers' offices does send a loud message.

Furthermore, doing so during actual committee meetings sends an even louder message.

But no one shows up, so Lawmakers stay deaf.

Edit to add....

Most cops don't know the law and they won't know it. I was an uphill struggle when I was one to push for proper training.
Oh I agree with the protests to. Thank you also for your service as a LEO
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS