What are local gun shows like now?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
fish

What are local gun shows like now?

Post by fish »

Noticed that there is a gun show in Orlando 7-10/11.
I have not been to one in a few years.
These days, would I find any powder?
A little bit of IMR 4227 would be great to find.
But I would not want to spent the $12 entry fee to wander halls of flea market stuff.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

At the large shows there are 2 ammo vendors who always have powder. GARY
pharmer

Post by pharmer »

It's like paying $12 to go to the Apopka Shoot Straight store except you can't shoot that new Glock you just got. There will be excess product of all sorts and the prices will seem reasonable compared to 6 mos ago. Beats going to see Hollywood's latest at the matinee. Joe
Keep Today Fresh
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

pharmer wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:52 am It's like paying $12 to go to the Apopka Shoot Straight store except you can't shoot that new Glock you just got. There will be excess product of all sorts and the prices will seem reasonable compared to 6 mos ago. Beats going to see Hollywood's latest at the matinee. Joe
Yeah, but can you get beef jerky and your jewelry cleaned at Shoot Straight? I think not... :lol:
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:30 am
pharmer wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:52 am It's like paying $12 to go to the Apopka Shoot Straight store except you can't shoot that new Glock you just got. There will be excess product of all sorts and the prices will seem reasonable compared to 6 mos ago. Beats going to see Hollywood's latest at the matinee. Joe
Yeah, but can you get beef jerky and your jewelry cleaned at Shoot Straight? I think not... :lol:
While you can get beef jerky at the Orlando gun show, you can not get your jewelry cleaned there. If you want your jewelry cleaned, the WPB show offers that. They also offer corn bread, cleaning your glasses, shaving equipment, old money, antique watches, and many other things that have nothing to do with firearms. Hell, the local titty bar, “Double D’s” used to have a table at WPB until they went tits up. But you won’t find any of that crap at the Orlando show. GARY
Last edited by N4KVE on Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
indy1919a4

Post by indy1919a4 »

fish wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 5:58 pm Noticed that there is a gun show in Orlando 7-10/11.
I have not been to one in a few years.
These days, would I find any powder?
A little bit of IMR 4227 would be great to find.
But I would not want to spent the $12 entry fee to wander halls of flea market stuff.
Was thinking of hitting the Deland gun show and a couple others, I will let you know what I see in the powder department.
Last edited by indy1919a4 on Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

Haven't been to a gun show in at least 10 years. The B/S/T here is my gun show.

But, the powder idea gives me an idea. Does anyone have the websites of those vendors who have powder? If they aren't adding too much of a cost adjustment, I'd order some.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
George W

Post by George W »

I've been to a few shows over the past few months. The small shows have had what I like; a healthy mix of collectible milsurp and some new stuff. They're just too small to be worth a drive plus admission. The big Shoot Straight show in Tampa was a mix of all the crap that made me stop going years ago.... high prices, limited selection, and douchebags.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

I’m looking at IMR4227 at the WPB show. The vendor is from Palm Beach. 561-694-2340.
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

Thanks for the info.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.