What are local gun shows like now?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

The price on the tag is ALWAYS before tax, & the $5 BGC fee. But there is a difference between someone pointing to a gun, & asking what the out the door price is, & pointing to the price tag, & asking if that’s the out the door price. Then giving him an argument that there should not be tax because we’re not in his store, & in a flea market type atmosphere. Also as he gets older, he’s now 82, he’s getting grouchier. In the past, he’d drop $25 to make a sale, but now if someone asks him to drop $25, he points to the show promoter, & says “go pay $70 more than me at his booth”. He was all set to retire in February, but because of the increase in business the last year, he renewed his FFL again. His wife was not happy about that. I feel he had a great run, & can afford to retire, but as long as it stays busy, he won’t. And his health isn’t getting any better. Matter of fact, you guys in Broward should stop by the store behind Lester’s to just say “hi”. In my heart, I know there won’t be many more shows I’ll be doing with him. GARY.
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

REDinFL wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:52 pm I never even give tax a thought: It is what it is and we render unto Caesar. Bottom line.
Something I just found out is that as of July 1st an out of state dealer who ships more than $100k worth of goods a year to Florida must collect sales tax So your big gun and ammo dealers online aren't going to be much cheaper anymore than buying locally, when you figure in shipping.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

Last week I bought a $5 item on E-Bay from a private seller out of state, & for the first time ever, I had to pay tax. So it seems the buying something from out of state to save the tax days are over. GARY.
BIG JOE

Post by BIG JOE »

Bought a lot of stuff from Ira over the years. One of the best. Always fair.
BIG JOE
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

BIG JOE wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:55 pm Bought a lot of stuff from Ira over the years. One of the best. Always fair.
I have more pink receipts written out by his wife Joanne over the last 30 years than Carter has liver pills. He’s still smart as a whip figuring out deals taking in guns on trade, but all those nights at Scarlett’s are finally catching up. GARY.
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

N4KVE wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:55 pm Last week I bought a $5 item on E-Bay from a private seller out of state, & for the first time ever, I had to pay tax. So it seems the buying something from out of state to save the tax days are over. GARY.
Ebay collects on Florida's behalf now too, because they are considered a marketplace by the state and have to no matter the dollar amount flowing through it.

Makes my life a little easier as a seller there, since I don't have to deal with the paperwork involved with collecting and paying it every quarter for my sales there anymore.
BIG JOE

Post by BIG JOE »

All my best to them both. Good old day's.
BIG JOE
UrbanKnight

Post by UrbanKnight »

The Orlando overpriced show is a whole slew of dealers that are still charging COVID prices on everything and didn't get the memo that stock is commonly available at your local gun store... Their killing of private sales really tanked the "value" of going to a show, IMHO
pharmer

Post by pharmer »

UrbanKnight wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:07 am The Orlando overpriced show is a whole slew of dealers that are still charging COVID prices on everything and didn't get the memo that stock is commonly available at your local gun store...
They "got the memo" and charge what they are told; or they disappear. Joe
Keep Today Fresh
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

pharmer wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:35 am
UrbanKnight wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:07 am The Orlando overpriced show is a whole slew of dealers that are still charging COVID prices on everything and didn't get the memo that stock is commonly available at your local gun store...
They "got the memo" and charge what they are told; or they disappear. Joe
I can absolutely assure you that Khaled does NOT go from table to table telling dealers with prices less than his to raise their prices. But he does look at what other people are selling, & if he notices solvent traps, & other “grey area” items, those are the people who “disappear”. OTOH, Edwin from Florida Gun Expo/Supreme Firearms has told Ira numerous times his Glocks are $60 too cheap. But the last time I purchased 9mm Federal HST at a gun show, 50 rounds was $28, & a few months ago the same ammo was $80+, but now I’ve seen seen it online for under $50. Apparently the gun show ammo vendors haven’t got the memo yet. GARY