New Ruger LCP Max

Pistols of all descriptions.
Deputydave

Post by Deputydave »

mavrik wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:53 pm
Deputydave wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:37 pm Updating the thread; the Max continues to impress me. Normal around-the-house carry as well as times I'm simply going to friends or family. Disappears in the pocket and easily forgotten about, which is the whole point of a pistol like this.

Gotta give it a thumbs up. :)
There’s just one thing…………….the slide is really loose after shooting about 200 rounds.I realize it’s not a target pistol of course. But still, down the road a problem? Then again, it’s a “carry a lot shoot a little” type pistol. I called Ruger and spoke with a rep, she assured me that the looseness of the slide has been taken into consideration and everything is A-OK. I all but told her that sounds like a pat answer. But I didn’t do that. Mav
When you say the slide is 'loose', does it have a lot of play from side to side? If I grip my slide I have a little play back and forth but nothing that is concerning. It very well may not be an issue because Ruger uses a full slide insert rather than the four tabs seen on a long of pistols. Should give a lot of strength. See if it has any issues when shooting it. If not, I suppose it is GTG.
Survival and Emergency Preparedness https://www.sepboard.us
mavrik

Post by mavrik »

Agree with your thoughts. In answer to your question, yes side to side.
Deputydave

Post by Deputydave »

mavrik wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:43 pm Agree with your thoughts. In answer to your question, yes side to side.
You'll just have to see how it continues to shoot. If you have to send it back though, Ruger has great CS and usually a quick turn-around time.

I'm still digging the Max. :D
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

How well does the LCPMax draw from a jeans pocket? I have an LCPII which works well, however I can see a max is a bit longer on the grip, as it has to be. I’m wondering if that additional length might catch on the back edge of the pocket. I’m condensing calibers and would buy either a max or another II, depending on that issue.

Thanks
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
Deputydave

Post by Deputydave »

REDinFL wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:51 am How well does the LCPMax draw from a jeans pocket? I have an LCPII which works well, however I can see a max is a bit longer on the grip, as it has to be. I’m wondering if that additional length might catch on the back edge of the pocket. I’m condensing calibers and would buy either a max or another II, depending on that issue.

Thanks
I haven't seen a difference between my Max now and the LCP 2 I had. Even with the 12-round mag is really hasn't been an issue. I'd recommend the Max. As much as I liked the LCP 2, the Max has taken it up several notches. The sights really are a night and day difference. Just more comfortable all the way around and I think more shootable. I don't think you'd be disappointed.
mavrik

Post by mavrik »

What Dave said + fits nice in the front pocket in a Blackhawk Tecgrip holster. The material is just thick enough to not print the gun and thin enough not to ad bulk to your pocket. Also have one for the P365 for the rare occasion I carry that in a pocket. The proffered carry for me is on the hip, strong side, very close. By the way, the pocket holster stays in the pocket when you draw the gun out. It’s not tackie but the weave keeps it in place. Mav
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

Thanks Dave and Mavrik. I appreciate the advice. Mostly, I wanted to be sure the bottom of the mag wouldn’t hang up. Nothing beats the voice of experience. I’ll be looking for one.
Deputydave

Post by Deputydave »

I bought mine at Gas & Brass Armory over on Florida Ave in Tampa. I've bought several pistols from them over the last few years. Usually have very good prices. IIRC, the Max was $379 or so. I'd have to check the receipt but it was around that price. They also had the 12-round mags at a good price as well.

I like the included pocket holster. It stays in the pocket when I draw the pistol. The one Mavrik suggests looks really nice as well. For grins I just bought an IWB holster for it. Normally I'm not a big IWB holster user but the Max is small enough that it disappears and I can forget it's there. Which of course is the point of this type pistol. Been carrying this way to therapy and it's been great.

Got it off Amazon.
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

Thanks, Dave. I’ve seen a lot of your posts, and see you know your stuff. I’ll keep Gas and Brass in mind, though I’m going to try to find one on the secondary market first. I missed a nice unfired one last week on FGT (as a FTF) but I was still waffling on which way I was going to go. I’m reducing calibers, and one of the decisions is 380 or 9mm para., and which one goes. I’m leaning to the 380 for my pocket for most use. If I need more power, I have something for that. So, thanks for your advice, and all the information I’ve seen in your other posts on the LCP.
Deputydave

Post by Deputydave »

You're very welcome and let us know what you get when you get it :)