Rep. Sabatini will introduce Constitutional Carry again

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
Miami_JBT

Rep. Sabatini will introduce Constitutional Carry again

Post by Miami_JBT »

Rep. Sabatini said he will reintroduce Constitutional Carry again this coming session.

Gun Owners of America was openly fighting for it to pass this past session and we'll do it again this coming session.

But we can't do it without folks like you.

Here's the honest truth.... this past session, Republicans killed Constitutional Carry for one reason and one reason only.

OUR APATHY!

No one stood before the House and Senate committees and openly told lawmakers that they wanted Constitutional Carry. They take our collective silence as approval.

This coming session, WE MUST BE LOUD AND LET THEM KNOW THAT WE ARE NOT TO BE TAKEN FOR GRANTED.

I want to see gun owners in Tallahassee this coming session. No more excuses.
Communism - 20th Century Mass Murder Champions
R.I.P. Edward Avila - AR15.COM Founder
Check out my gun blog - https://www.newwavefirearms.com
Florida State Director for Gun Owners of America - Join GOA
Obiwan

Post by Obiwan »

I've called my state Rep and Sen a few times this year and will continue to do so. I also call Salazar in D.C. and her people know my voice. I expect the Tallahassee people will too.
ADulay

Post by ADulay »

Apathy may not be as big a problem as a general lack of information and the ability to actually DO something.

Although we know that 200 people in the meeting room would look nice, the headlines in the news would sound something like: "200 armed insurrectionists are attempting to turn the Florida gun laws into something approaching Dodge City."

We could all stand there quietly and listen to the leader of the group give his summations and attempt to discuss the rationale of open carry or constitutional carry or any of several other things. but it still comes down to how does it look to the people who watch the news and read the paper?

If the meeting gets reported intelligently, nobody will watch or listen. It needs to be sensational. VIDEO AT SIX PM OF THE GUN OWNERS SWARMING TALLAHASSEE! That's how the media would sell it.

We are at a major disadvantage here. Listening to reason no longer works in this country. Reasonable discourse no longer applies. Mob rule seems to be the norm, unless you fall into the "White Privilege" slot, at which time you're immediately branded and sent on your way.

Then toss in the fact that ONE PERSON can shut down ANY legislation for pretty much any reason and we are totally hosed.

I'd love to help, again, but until the mind set of legislators changes from "All guns are evil" we will have still more years of losing our cause.

Like I've said earlier, I've been in and out of this since the mid 1980's and other than State Preemption on the gun laws, not much has happened.

AD
Allme

Post by Allme »

ADulay wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:45 pm Apathy may not be as big a problem as a general lack of information and the ability to actually DO something.

Although we know that 200 people in the meeting room would look nice, the headlines in the news would sound something like: "200 armed insurrectionists are attempting to turn the Florida gun laws into something approaching Dodge City."

We could all stand there quietly and listen to the leader of the group give his summations and attempt to discuss the rationale of open carry or constitutional carry or any of several other things. but it still comes down to how does it look to the people who watch the news and read the paper?

If the meeting gets reported intelligently, nobody will watch or listen. It needs to be sensational. VIDEO AT SIX PM OF THE GUN OWNERS SWARMING TALLAHASSEE! That's how the media would sell it.

We are at a major disadvantage here. Listening to reason no longer works in this country. Reasonable discourse no longer applies. Mob rule seems to be the norm, unless you fall into the "White Privilege" slot, at which time you're immediately branded and sent on your way.

Then toss in the fact that ONE PERSON can shut down ANY legislation for pretty much any reason and we are totally hosed.

I'd love to help, again, but until the mind set of legislators changes from "All guns are evil" we will have still more years of losing our cause.

Like I've said earlier, I've been in and out of this since the mid 1980's and other than State Preemption on the gun laws, not much has happened.

AD
Funny how preemption laws don't seem to effect Pinellas or Hillsborough county gun shows, buy/sell one at a show in these two counties and they MAKE you do a background check through one of the FFLs. Most folks just go outside to do the deal but its still bothersome IMHO.

I agree with you 100% about the perception, it is changing however; all that nonsense last year created a whole wave of folks wanting to arm themselves. Still, way too many FUDDs that think the ol' single shot 20ga is more than enough protection (eye roll).

Lastly I don't think we'll ever see constitutional carry here in Florida, not the way they have tied the 3-day wait to the Florida constitution AND that whole "shall issue" horseshit... It really is an uphill battle from the start.

Just my $.02.
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

Allme wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:31 pm
ADulay wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:45 pm Apathy may not be as big a problem as a general lack of information and the ability to actually DO something.

AD
Funny how preemption laws don't seem to effect Pinellas or Hillsborough county gun shows, buy/sell one at a show in these two counties and they MAKE you do a background check through one of the FFLs. Most folks just go outside to do the deal but its still bothersome IMHO.

I agree with you 100% about the perception, it is changing however; all that nonsense last year created a whole wave of folks wanting to arm themselves. Still, way too many FUDDs that think the ol' single shot 20ga is more than enough protection (eye roll).

Lastly I don't think we'll ever see constitutional carry here in Florida, not the way they have tied the 3-day wait to the Florida constitution AND that whole "shall issue" horseshit... It really is an uphill battle from the start.

Just my $.02.
Article VIII, Section 5, Subsection B of the state constitution gives them that power.
Each county shall have the authority to require a criminal history records check and a 3 to 5-day waiting period, excluding weekends and legal holidays, in connection with the sale of any firearm occurring within such county. For purposes of this subsection, the term “sale” means the transfer of money or other valuable consideration for any firearm when any part of the transaction is conducted on property to which the public has the right of access. Holders of a concealed weapons permit as prescribed by general law shall not be subject to the provisions of this subsection when purchasing a firearm.
The Preemption Law cannot override the constitution.

Hence why Constitutional Carry must be passed via the Legislature since the state constitution states the following in Article I, Section 8, Subsection A:
The right of the people to keep and bear arms in defense of themselves and of the lawful authority of the state shall not be infringed, except that the manner of bearing arms may be regulated by law.
Allme

Post by Allme »

Miami_JBT wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:38 pm

AD

Just my $.02.
Article VIII, Section 5, Subsection B of the state constitution gives them that power.
Each county shall have the authority to require a criminal history records check and a 3 to 5-day waiting period, excluding weekends and legal holidays, in connection with the sale of any firearm occurring within such county. For purposes of this subsection, the term “sale” means the transfer of money or other valuable consideration for any firearm when any part of the transaction is conducted on property to which the public has the right of access. Holders of a concealed weapons permit as prescribed by general law shall not be subject to the provisions of this subsection when purchasing a firearm.

Hence why Constitutional Carry must be passed via the Legislature since the state constitution states the following in Article I, Section 8, Subsection A:
The right of the people to keep and bear arms in defense of themselves and of the lawful authority of the state shall not be infringed, except that the manner of bearing arms may be regulated by law.
"Holders of a concealed weapons permit as prescribed by general law shall not be subject to the provisions of this subsection when purchasing a firearm."

Um.... Just about EVERYBODY at the gun shows has a CWP (myself included) yet they still require a background check in Pinellas and Hillsborough. Funny how the state ALLOWS us to purchase our RIGHT back from them. (eye roll).
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

Allme wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:04 am

Just my $.02.

"Holders of a concealed weapons permit as prescribed by general law shall not be subject to the provisions of this subsection when purchasing a firearm."

Um.... Just about EVERYBODY at the gun shows has a CWP (myself included) yet they still require a background check in Pinellas and Hillsborough. Funny how the state ALLOWS us to purchase our RIGHT back from them. (eye roll).
Because we don't have a right, we have a privilege in FL and Republicans are happy keeping it that way.
Allme

Post by Allme »

Miami_JBT wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:42 pm
Allme wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:04 am

Because we don't have a right, we have a privilege in FL and Republicans are happy keeping it that way.
@ Miami_JBT... You are 100% correct.
TACC

Post by TACC »

When does the new session start so we can start hammering home the emails and phone calls

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

January is when session starts, committee meetings should start around October.

Next email alert from GOA will talk about organizing a Gun Owners Lobby Day. Or as we call it, GOLD.