Taurus GX4

Pistols of all descriptions.
Deputydave

Taurus GX4

Post by Deputydave »

[media] [/media]

So this just came out today. New product from Taurus to compete in the micro-9mm part of the pool. Completes with the Sig P365 (original micro 9mm), S.A. Hellcat, S&W Shield Plus and Ruger Max 9. I wouldn't buy any new design from any company for at least a year to see if any bugs crop up. But if it turns out to be a good pistol against the competition it may be worth a look for CCW as it will probably be about half the price.
Survival and Emergency Preparedness https://www.sepboard.us
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

You left out the Kimber Micro-9, my wife’s CCP. She prefers metal to plastic. Looking forward to your assessment.
R/Griff
Deputydave

Post by Deputydave »

dammitgriff wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 6:35 am You left out the Kimber Micro-9, my wife’s CCP. She prefers metal to plastic. Looking forward to your assessment.
R/Griff
I never purchase a new pistol design for at least a year. That allows the bugs to be worked out by the beta-testers. And in all honesty, I don't really need one as I have several Sig P365's and XL's. However, in a year or so when it goes on sale...
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

They’ll sell a ton of these at under $400, as long as the 365 is so expensive. When I work a gun show for SS, one of the guys I work with is Chas. He is their best salesman, & on a good weekend he sells 100 guns. He works in the Taurus section, & whenever I look at him, he’s selling 1, 2, or even 3 Taurus guns to one person. He’s gonna love this. GARY
Deputydave

Post by Deputydave »

N4KVE wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 11:33 am They’ll sell a ton of these at under $400, as long as the 365 is so expensive. When I work a gun show for SS, one of the guys I work with is Chas. He is their best salesman, & on a good weekend he sells 100 guns. He works in the Taurus section, & whenever I look at him, he’s selling 1, 2, or even 3 Taurus guns to one person. He’s gonna love this. GARY
If these shake out to be a solid pistol, Taurus is going to have to open a whole new shipping door in the Georgia factory to keep up with demand. I would not be surprised to see the price get closer to the $300 mark as things return to normal. And they’ll sell every one they can make.

Hoping it’s a solid pistol because in the end that is a bonus to us, the consumer, regardless of which brand you buy.
Ricordo

Post by Ricordo »

Like with the vaccine, I don't buy cars the year they come out. The following seems to be my next purchase, probably later this year.

Presently selling for $299.00 and up, the only caveat is that additional mags are now hard to find and expensive. Stoeger has developed a good reputation with their shotguns and with their Cougar models of pistols.
Let's Go Brandon