Gov. DeSantis signs HB-1, the "Anti Riot" bill into law.

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
Odessaman

Post by Odessaman »

Miami_JBT wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:36 pm
lakelandman wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:03 pm I'm shocked we still have red Flag law in Florida.
You're shocked?

The current Senate President, Wilton Simpson (R) is the guy that penned the Red Flag Law in 2018. He was elected to be the Senate President by the Republican majority in the State Senate.

It was passed by a Republican Supermajority and most of them are still on office.

If you think the RPOF is pro-gun, I have a bridge in Tampa to sell you along with some land in the Everglades.
And never forget, that 2018 bill was passed into law in just 19 days after the MSDHS shooting. There is NO WAY a bill with that many moving parts was written in 19 days. That was pre-positioned, pre-ordained and pre-destined by the Republican supermajority, then tucked away until the right tragedy came along that would allow them to enact it with as little opposition as possible.
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

Odessaman wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:55 pm
Miami_JBT wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:36 pm
lakelandman wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:03 pm I'm shocked we still have red Flag law in Florida.
You're shocked?

The current Senate President, Wilton Simpson (R) is the guy that penned the Red Flag Law in 2018. He was elected to be the Senate President by the Republican majority in the State Senate.

It was passed by a Republican Supermajority and most of them are still on office.

If you think the RPOF is pro-gun, I have a bridge in Tampa to sell you along with some land in the Everglades.
And never forget, that 2018 bill was passed into law in just 19 days after the MSDHS shooting. There is NO WAY a bill with that many moving parts was written in 19 days. That was pre-positioned, pre-ordained and pre-destined by the Republican supermajority, then tucked away until the right tragedy came along that would allow them to enact it with as little opposition as possible.
Communism - 20th Century Mass Murder Champions
R.I.P. Edward Avila - AR15.COM Founder
Check out my gun blog - https://www.newwavefirearms.com
Florida State Director for Gun Owners of America - Join GOA
Flame Red

Post by Flame Red »

GreyShark wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:29 pm One thing's for sure, there's an actual attempt at Marxist revolution going on right now. They've successfully seized strategic targets like mass media, big tech, educational institutions, significant portions of the judicial system, entire cities, counties and states. They're completely comfortable using violence and the threat of violence to advance their agenda, they're completely comfortable with attacking court houses and police departments, seizing control of neighborhoods, etc. This is an actual and present existential threat, I'm grateful our state hasn't fallen under their control yet and we need the legislative tools to effectively combat them.
^ Agreed, but they will continue pass laws and enact policies uninhibited to finish the Kommie transformation totally. And whatever they cannot get through legislation, the courts will legislate from the bench for them. They are now firmly entrenched and will not be dug out.
Ah that's one thing about our Flame, doesn't play any favorites! Flame hates everybody!
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

GreyShark wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:29 pm One thing's for sure, there's an actual attempt at Marxist revolution going on right now. They've successfully seized strategic targets like mass media, big tech, educational institutions, significant portions of the judicial system, entire cities, counties and states. They're completely comfortable using violence and the threat of violence to advance their agenda, they're completely comfortable with attacking court houses and police departments, seizing control of neighborhoods, etc. This is an actual and present existential threat, I'm grateful our state hasn't fallen under their control yet and we need the legislative tools to effectively combat them.
And when the Democrats do win office in FL, because it will happen at some point. The RPOF will not hold power forever. What will be your stance when they use this law against us?
Communism - 20th Century Mass Murder Champions
R.I.P. Edward Avila - AR15.COM Founder
Check out my gun blog - https://www.newwavefirearms.com
Florida State Director for Gun Owners of America - Join GOA