2 Guys Gun Shows- Any good?

George W

2 Guys Gun Shows- Any good?

Post by George W »

Thinking of checking out the show in Largo. Mostly looking for Milsurp stuff and accessories. Any good?
weaselfire

Post by weaselfire »

Not bad as far as looking at overpriced firearms and accessories. Lots of "private collections" at these, but almost every one has the same guns they had two years ago, at much higher prices. Some actual FFLs selling stock, but still somewhat overpriced.

I do buy oddball stuff at these, ammo that is rarely or no longer made, various parts and some reloading gear. More than I buy at the Shoot Straight show, except for t-shirts, hats and jerky.

Jeff

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

indy1919a4

Post by indy1919a4 »

George wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:05 pm Thinking of checking out the show in Largo. Mostly looking for Milsurp stuff and accessories. Any good?

So did you go to the 2 guys show?? If so how was it?? Always seems I have to pick another show over those guys and do not make to theirs.
George W

Post by George W »

indy1919a4 wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:12 am
George wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:05 pm Thinking of checking out the show in Largo. Mostly looking for Milsurp stuff and accessories. Any good?

So did you go to the 2 guys show?? If so how was it?? Always seems I have to pick another show over those guys and do not make to theirs.
I did. It was a $1/minute show. In and out in 5 minutes. They had a decent mix, just VERY small. Definitely not worth the drive.
indy1919a4

Post by indy1919a4 »

George wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:43 pm
indy1919a4 wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:12 am

I did. It was a $1/minute show. In and out in 5 minutes. They had a decent mix, just VERY small. Definitely not worth the drive.
Anything cool at the show??? And how big was it??
milsurp

Post by milsurp »

There's 2 shows in Pinellas this coming weekend. 2 guys at the old Minrig building in Largo and the St Pete gunshow at the National Guard Armory. The 2 guys show at this location is small. I can't tell you about the other one. Going for the first time on Saturday. It doesn't happen often.
indy1919a4

Post by indy1919a4 »

milsurp wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:23 pm There's 2 shows in Pinellas this coming weekend. 2 guys at the old Minrig building in Largo and the St Pete gunshow at the National Guard Armory. The 2 guys show at this location is small. I can't tell you about the other one. Going for the first time on Saturday. It doesn't happen often.
I saw that, they really placed them nearly on top of each other...

That may be fun to see...
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

milsurp wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:23 pm There's 2 shows in Pinellas this coming weekend. 2 guys at the old Minrig building in Largo and the St Pete gunshow at the National Guard Armory. The 2 guys show at this location is small. I can't tell you about the other one. Going for the first time on Saturday. It doesn't happen often.
The Armory show is put on by Florida Gun Expo. Edwin, & Erica put it on, & are the largest FFL at their shows. Nice people, they do the shows near the Miami Airport, & Miramar Armory. I would call their shows “medium size”, & IRA has done well lately at their shows. GARY.
indy1919a4

Post by indy1919a4 »

N4KVE wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:22 am
The Armory show is put on by Florida Gun Expo. Edwin, & Erica put it on, & are the largest FFL at their shows. Nice people, they do the shows near the Miami Airport, & Miramar Armory. I would call their shows “medium size”, & IRA has done well lately at their shows. GARY.

From what I have seen of the Orlando shows, Florida Gun Expo will have more newer guns then older.. I do not know if that is so with their shows in the hinterlands..
indy1919a4

Post by indy1919a4 »

Went to the two shows.. Both seemed about the same size, give or take more or less.

Where as the two guys show was better for me.. A lot more older rifles and guns.. There were some interesting pieces

One of the odd ball items was a Gras 1874 converted into a 20 ga shotgun.. You will see many more converted Mauser Geha shotguns vs Gras.. It was neat..

The St Petersburg show was many more Newer guns then older. But there was a guy and gal out front selling an Enfield No 4 rifle.. It had to have been at a good price, there was a feeding frenzy around them and by the time I came near some one was handing them money and they were walking away much to the chagrin of the crowd that had gathered.