S&W Revolver Lock Failure???

Wheelguns of all descriptions.
tector

Post by tector »

REDinFL wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:54 pm That may be coming.
I presume you mean by operation of law, not by corporate policy--two different things!
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
rug357

Post by rug357 »

The lock does serve one purpose at my house.
I normally carry a 442 in my pocket on most days and when I get home I lock the revolver and put it in the drawer until next day instead of going through the trouble of putting it in my safe.
You may not be of my flesh and blood, but you are of my heart and soul.

Do not mistaken my kindness for weakness.
tector

Post by tector »

rug357 wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:08 pm The lock does serve one purpose at my house.
I normally carry a 442 in my pocket on most days and when I get home I lock the revolver and put it in the drawer until next day instead of going through the trouble of putting it in my safe.
See, I never touch mine. I want that lock to be tight and sticky and gunked up with dust and lint--seems like it using over and over would loosen it up. But that is totally speculation on my part.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
rug357

Post by rug357 »

tector wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:21 pm
rug357 wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:08 pm The lock does serve one purpose at my house.
See, I never touch mine. I want that lock to be tight and sticky and gunked up with dust and lint--seems like it using over and over would loosen it up. But that is totally speculation on my part.
I had that thought too but having used the lock for past 7-8 years I didn’t notice it getting any looser and still never failed me despite frequent range use.
You may not be of my flesh and blood, but you are of my heart and soul.

Do not mistaken my kindness for weakness.
tector

Post by tector »

Probably pure paranoia on my part. But nothing ever fails until it does.

You'll never get me in a single engine plane, too! :mrgreen:
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

Thinking about the S&W lock situation, if I were just getting into handguns, or advising a friend, I'd go another route than S&W for new or, better yet buy "older" Smiths. If there were children in the house, or coming to the house, the guns would be locked up in a heavy duty safe.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

tector wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:58 pm
REDinFL wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:54 pm That may be coming.
I presume you mean by operation of law, not by corporate policy--two different things!
My initial thought was "law", which has a better chance now than earlier tries. But, when you mention "corporate policy," remember Bill Ruger? "Only need 10 rounds."
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
tector

Post by tector »

True enough--I have no idea who is in charge at S&W now. Could be another weasel.