Simple carry gun for the elderly?

State and national practical & political discussions on legal open, concealed and vehicle carry.
Whoutink

Post by Whoutink »

redeagle wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:44 pm
TC6969 wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:04 pm I
Maybe he just wants to be able to shoot without letting go of his guitar??
In that case he should go with something mounted, like a 50, or a mini gun
Whoutink

Post by Whoutink »

That sheild EZ i think is awesome for people with low wrist strength, if they want a semiauto
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

TC6969 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:02 pm Here's a wacky idea!

Have her handle as many handguns as she can during these troubled times and find the one that fits her hand like she just squeezed a handful of mud and feels like she's pointing her finger.

If that turns out to be a Desert Eagle, well get her a bigger purse!

The idea that a woman has to be limited to an anemic little popgun just because she's a woman is absurd.

proper training will teach her how to handle the "bite"

proper training will have her clearing malfunctions without even thinking about it.
Yup, LET HER DECIDE.

Take her to the range and rent a bunch of guns.
Communism - 20th Century Mass Murder Champions
R.I.P. Edward Avila - AR15.COM Founder
Check out my gun blog - https://www.newwavefirearms.com
Florida State Director for Gun Owners of America - Join GOA
Sweep

Post by Sweep »

Berreta with a tip up barrel as Ran suggested would be my first thought when asked this .. easy reloading no slide to rack. First gun i show most women
chạy trốn hoặc giết tất cả và đốt hooches của họ.
pastorp

Post by pastorp »

The problem with a 2” revolver in 22mag is the blast will really hurt grannies ears. In my opinion a 22lr is better.
Legio
Site Admin

Post by Legio »

TC6969 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:02 pm Yup, LET HER DECIDE.

Take her to the range and rent a bunch of guns.
I was running a "first-time firearms" class in Pompano. I was showing revolvers, pistols, from .22 to .45 show them how to handle them, load, unload, safe operations. Then, I was taking them on the range and let them try all of them. It was a very successful class. They often purchased a weapon when the class was over. After that, they also often took safety classes.
Wakko

Post by Wakko »

I'll give an update with this. I ended up purchasing a Ruger .22LR LCR with laser grips and brought it with me when I went out of state to see her. She wasn't able to comfortably pull the trigger consistently, due to finger/hand strength. I then purchased twin S&W 442/642 and installed slightly oversize grips on one of them and Wolff spring kits in both. Mrs. Wakko took one and when Mama Wakko came to visit just this past weekend, she tried the one with the larger grips. Bingo; she was able to manipulate it. I also have a few boxes of the lighter recoil Hornady defense ammo designed for these pistols, so she should be good to go with it.

Like I stated earlier, taking her to a gun show to test fit a pistol wasn't an option, and still isn't. I think this Airweight will fit the bill just fine.
Deputydave

Post by Deputydave »

Wakko wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 12:29 pm I'll give an update with this. I ended up purchasing a Ruger .22LR LCR with laser grips and brought it with me when I went out of state to see her. She wasn't able to comfortably pull the trigger consistently, due to finger/hand strength. I then purchased twin S&W 442/642 and installed slightly oversize grips on one of them and Wolff spring kits in both. Mrs. Wakko took one and when Mama Wakko came to visit just this past weekend, she tried the one with the larger grips. Bingo; she was able to manipulate it. I also have a few boxes of the lighter recoil Hornady defense ammo designed for these pistols, so she should be good to go with it.

Like I stated earlier, taking her to a gun show to test fit a pistol wasn't an option, and still isn't. I think this Airweight will fit the bill just fine.
Has she been able to shoot it yet with that ammo? If so, what was the result?
Survival and Emergency Preparedness https://www.sepboard.us
Wakko

Post by Wakko »

No, I won’t be up there until June.
tcpip95

Post by tcpip95 »

An elderly woman gets stopped for speeding by a FHP trooper. “Ma’am, do you have any firearms in the vehicle?” to which she replied, ”Yes, young man I have a .357 magnum in my center console, a 1911 .45 that was my ex-husband’s from the war in the glove box, and an AR-15 in my trunk.”

The trooper asks her “Jesus lady, what are you afraid of?”

She smiled and said “Absolutely nothing, officer! Have a nice day.”