Let the new administration know what you think of their Youtube videos

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
Odessaman

Let the new administration know what you think of their Youtube videos

Post by Odessaman »

Since today was apparently a "win" for democracy, exercise your right to free speech and let the Whitehouse know how you like their Youtube videos.
A simple click on "Thumbs Up" or "Thumbs Down" will do it. Thank you, Big Tech, for allowing our voices to be heard.

https://www.youtube.com/user/whitehouse

(I admit to stealing this idea from another forum.)
Captain Steinbrenner

Post by Captain Steinbrenner »

I ain’t giving views to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

The "down" votes out-number the "up" votes significantly. How did this guy win again? :roll:
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
tector

Post by tector »

Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:23 pm The "down" votes out-number the "up" votes significantly. How did this guy win again? :roll:
Because internet polls of all types are worthless horseshit. They are fun to play with, but viewing them as anything other than a meaningless diversion is a delusion.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
Odessaman

Post by Odessaman »

tector wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:40 pm
Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:23 pm The "down" votes out-number the "up" votes significantly. How did this guy win again? :roll:
Because internet polls of all types are worthless horseshit. They are fun to play with, but viewing them as anything other than a meaningless diversion is a delusion.
This is true - but any act of defiance, no matter how small, is satisfying. And I'm happy to be a pebble in their shoe for now. Hell, it's probably more than most Republicans in Congress are willing to do to stand up to them.
tector

Post by tector »

Odessaman wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:37 am
tector wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:40 pm
This is true - but any act of defiance, no matter how small, is satisfying. And I'm happy to be a pebble in their shoe for now. Hell, it's probably more than most Republicans in Congress are willing to do to stand up to them.
I have no problem with people undertaking peaceful, meaningless, but emotionally satisfying acts of protest--it is probably a good thing for mental health. The problem is when they start believing utter BS as a result. I mean prior to January 6 we had people here who seriously believed Pence could essentially undo the whole fucking election and certification of electors (why hadn't Al Gore thought of that in January 2001, when he was VP!). I mean this was pure nuts, but believe it people did.

Don't mean to be a party pooper, but people not grounded in reality sometimes are not harmless--they are counterproductive. We have enough real enemies that need to be dealt with effectively, not with fantasy solutions.

So thumbs down these fuckers to your heart's content--as long as you know it will change nothing. It is like tossing darts at dart board with a Biden/Harris picture on it.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
Odessaman

Post by Odessaman »

tector wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:20 am I have no problem with people undertaking peaceful, meaningless, but emotionally satisfying acts of protest--it is probably a good thing for mental health. The problem is when they start believing utter BS as a result. I mean prior to January 6 we had people here who seriously believed Pence could essentially undo the whole fucking election and certification of electors (why hadn't Al Gore thought of that in January 2001, when he was VP!). I mean this was pure nuts, but believe it people did.

Don't mean to be a party pooper, but people not grounded in reality sometimes are not harmless--they are counterproductive. We have enough real enemies that need to be dealt with effectively, not with fantasy solutions.

So thumbs down these fuckers to your heart's content--as long as you know it will change nothing. It is like tossing darts at dart board with a Biden/Harris picture on it.
Not a thing there I disagree with. And while "Dis-liking" Biden's videos will have zero impact on policy or the left's attitude, it is a simple, free, and non-threatening way of saying "not one inch, you phuckers" - and that IS a good thing for mental health.

Besides, any guy who grew up in the 70's knows a thing or two about peaceful, meaningless, but emotionally satisfying acts . . .

ADulay

Post by ADulay »

That was kind of fun to click "thumbs down" on a half dozen videos.

I did notice that ALL of them were running about 10 to 1 thumbs down to thumbs up.

2.3K thumbs up against 47K thumbs down.

Yeah, that felt good. Pointless, but good.

AD
Jeepsnguns
Location: Relocated from Manatee County Florida to Marion County Oregon

Post by Jeepsnguns »

Odessaman wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:44 am Image
Ok, I also was a teen in the 70's
This photo is by far is the best thing to come from this post (what Tector said was spot on, but not as sexy).
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

So, what dis YouTube do?
They deleted thousands of thumbs down votes on those official Whitehouse videos.
It's no use troops, big media does what it wants to do, with no control of consequences.