Gun Auctions USA in Largo--feedback?

tector

Gun Auctions USA in Largo--feedback?

Post by tector »

Anybody here have any experience with them, particularly as a seller? I know a non-gun person near the bay area who needs to sell a few low value guns from his recently deceased father in law. An auction house seems like the best of some pretty bad options. These people know zero about guns and would get rooked tring to do anything on their own (they are also concerned about doing anything on their own due to legal concerns, real or imagined).

TIA.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
Sweep

Post by Sweep »

They are right next door to my shop Ive heard both good and bad but no personal experience with the never even went in ? We have been clearing estates for a few masonic brothers but mostly thru referrals . Why not just list them on gunbroker for them ? Then ship through a FFl might be the most money on there side
chạy trốn hoặc giết tất cả và đốt hooches của họ.
tector

Post by tector »

Sweep wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:45 am They are right next door to my shop Ive heard both good and bad but no personal experience with the never even went in ? We have been clearing estates for a few masonic brothers but mostly thru referrals . Why not just list them on gunbroker for them ? Then ship through a FFl might be the most money on there side
They don't want the hassle of dealing with individual sales, etc. It is like 10 or 12 guns, all of them cheap. They just want them gone with minimal effort.

But thanks for the feedback!
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
Skeezix

Post by Skeezix »

I would think that with the shortages that most gun shops are dealing with right now,
any shop would be happy to buy the whole lot.
tector

Post by tector »

Skeezix wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:32 am I would think that with the shortages that most gun shops are dealing with right now,
any shop would be happy to buy the whole lot.
Sure, but that's usually at a pretty big discount, certainly more than auction fee. But they still might do that.
George W

Post by George W »

When you say "A few" guns, how many are we talking? Do they fit a certain genre? I am semi local, and may be able to take the whole lot off their hands.

Auctions usually mean waiting a few weeks, and giving up at least 15% of the sales price. With Covid, there's never a guarantee that a crowd will come, limiting potential for top dollar to make up for the wait and commission fess.
tector

Post by tector »

George wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:33 am When you say "A few" guns, how many are we talking? Do they fit a certain genre? I am semi local, and may be able to take the whole lot off their hands.

Auctions usually mean waiting a few weeks, and giving up at least 15% of the sales price. With Covid, there's never a guarantee that a crowd will come, limiting potential for top dollar to make up for the wait and commission fess.
Thanks, but I think they have found a way of dealing with these guns.

I think even pre-Covid most auction houses had an online component.