Server Move (Now URGENT)

Questions regarding any FSN board problems. This is NOT a firearms "help" forum.
jr81452

Post by jr81452 »

Legio wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:08 pm I am hosting the forum on my server. This server is costing me 89 euros every months. My main revenue line was coming from my cruise website. Since January 2020, that revenue stream has completely dried up and even cost me some as I had to refund the cruises that were not delivered.

I am trying to have something going on, but in the fucking God forsaken country I live in, there isn’t much but the the small shitty town I am in, it is even worse. When business is good I can scrape about 500 euros per months. So, 89 euros is killing me. Until now, I tried to keep it up, but all the savings have been gone for a while now and I just can’t manage it right now. I am ok to pay for another month, even if it is stretching it. But not more.

I have decided on epik. They seem to be the best choice for our line of thinking. Ar15 moved there, Parler also for their domain name. It would be a good move for us. The domain should be 8.99 the first year. I don’t know for the ones after yet. Af for the hosting the more we commit, the less it costs. 9.99 per month on a monthly basis isn’t a bad start.

@SKSseven offered to send me some cash, but there is another problem. I sold a few guns recently and got the payments on my US bank account. My CC expired a year ago and after 3 attempts to have it sent here, it never arrived. So I cannot use the cash I still have there and any sent to me would end up in the same situation.

I have to find a way for you guys to sent money to @SKSseven so he can use his card. Now that I know where to go, I have to setup something. Still don’t know what. Chris may even be able to shell it up and have you pay him back somehow.

Worse case scenario, I pay for another month here, but I am trying to have t done this week.

What a fucked up world we live in today,
Damn man, sorry to hear all of that. Thanks for keeping it going so long on your own. I pray you get some kind of income going soon.

Maybe after the server move is taken care of we can get some kind of permanent donation link added to the site, so people can donate whenever they want. With all the payment options available out there now, you'd think there has to be something that works for this, right?
Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities - Voltaire

Zealot: noun 1. a person who is fanatical and uncompromising in pursuit of their religious, political, or other ideals.
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

That's a good idea. And, perhaps a suggestion that people who have made good deals on b/s/t make a contribution in the way of a reasonable commission. I know I've done some good deals, both ways, which will positively impact my donation when the mechanism is set up.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
Legio
Site Admin

Post by Legio »

The domain name is now registered with epik.com
TACC

Post by TACC »

Great deal, let us know when the money path is clear so we know where to send it

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Legio
Site Admin

Post by Legio »

TACC wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:24 am Great deal, let us know when the money path is clear so we know where to send it
Have to do the hosting now and I'll definitely let you guys know.
srqsteve

Post by srqsteve »

I've been off the site for some time but just caught this; I'm down for $25 too. Let us know where to send the money.
MiamiOffshore

Post by MiamiOffshore »

TACC wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:24 am Great deal, let us know when the money path is clear so we know where to send it

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Thanks for all your work [mention]Legio[/mention] ! I'm in for some $ just let us know how/where!
Legio
Site Admin

Post by Legio »

I wasn’t ready for the move, so I paid for the server another month. Gives me time to finalize everything.
joel

Post by joel »

We're here for you.
I would guess that NONE of us knew that you were personally paying for the hosting.
(well, at least, I didn't)

We're here for you. ("many hands make LIGHT work")
Thank you for carrying this site up to now.
Legio
Site Admin

Post by Legio »

I am not paying for FSN only. It is my server for other things like my cruises. I had space for FSN. I don’t want you guys to think that it was 100% FSN.