Server Move (Now URGENT)

Questions regarding any FSN board problems. This is NOT a firearms "help" forum.
Legio
Site Admin

Server Move (Now URGENT)

Post by Legio »

Guys,

The server that I am using is closing at the end of the month. I can no longer afford the 90 euros monthly expense.

We need to set up something prior to January 31 or we will lose service. I am thinking to use a service like Hostgator unless someone has a better option. We need a service where a backup is NOT AN OPTION, to avoid another big crash.

For our use, shared hosting is acceptable.

I'll be waiting for your input until January 20 at the max. At that time, we either have a solution and we figure financing it, or the service will stop.

Waiting for your solutions.
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

Legio wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:31 am Guys,

The server that I am using is closing at the end of the month. I can no longer afford the 90 euros monthly expense.

We need to set up something prior to January 31 or we will lose service. I am thinking to use a service like Hostgator unless someone has a better option. We need a service where a backup is NOT AN OPTION, to avoid another big crash.

For our use, shared hosting is acceptable.

I'll be waiting for your input until January 20 at the max. At that time, we either have a solution and we figure financing it, or the service will stop.

Waiting for your solutions.
I use "Hostgator" for my own site and services. And I also use a shared service. It's been pretty good of late. Let me know if you need assistance setting it up on there.

Regards,
Arnold
Legio
Site Admin

Post by Legio »

FfNJGTFO wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:55 am I use "Hostgator" for my own site and services. And I also use a shared service. It's been pretty good of late. Let me know if you need assistance setting it up on there.

Regards,
Arnold
Thanks for the offer. I already have a forum on HostGator, so I am ok with it. The problem is that to get a good deal and fewer headaches, I need to shell out around $400 for a 3-yr contract.

This is more where the problem lies.
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

Legio wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:00 am
FfNJGTFO wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:55 am I use "Hostgator" for my own site and services. And I also use a shared service. It's been pretty good of late. Let me know if you need assistance setting it up on there.

Regards,
Arnold
Thanks for the offer. I already have a forum on HostGator, so I am ok with it. The problem is that to get a good deal and fewer headaches, I need to shell out around $400 for a 3-yr contract.

This is more where the problem lies.
Would it help if we all donated maybe $25.00 ea? If you could set up a "donation" button, I'd be willing. Maybe you could give us "contributor" status or something.
Springfield

Post by Springfield »

FfNJGTFO wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:03 amWould it help if we all donated maybe $25.00 ea? If you could set up a "donation" button, I'd be willing. Maybe you could give us "contributor" status or something.
I'm in for $25 or so
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

$25 now and $20/year for "Contributor" status would be perfectly reasonable to me.

We've done similar things in the past when financial issues became a crunch but it never was instituted as an ongoing program.
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
tector

Post by tector »

flcracker wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:31 pm $25 now and $20/year for "Contributor" status would be perfectly reasonable to me.

We've done similar things in the past when financial issues became a crunch but it never was instituted as an ongoing program.
Paypal is OK with me, but some people have ideological problems with them. I also use Venmo and Zelle, don't know about their politics. Bitcoin is the purest on ideology I am sure, so maybe offer that option for the hardliners.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

tector wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:54 pm
flcracker wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:31 pm $25 now and $20/year for "Contributor" status would be perfectly reasonable to me.

Paypal is OK with me, but some people have ideological problems with them. I also use Venmo and Zelle, don't know about their politics. Bitcoin is the purest on ideology I am sure, so maybe offer that option for the hardliners.
The fellow (merchant) who sold me the P226 uses Zelle. My bank has its own cash transfer system called "PopMoney." I would not use Paypal. They have some screwy rules.
tector

Post by tector »

Zelle is standard among several banks. I have Chase and USAA, and both have it.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
tector

Post by tector »

Here's the list of Zelle banks:

https://www.zellepay.com/get-started