Server Move (Now URGENT)

Questions regarding any FSN board problems. This is NOT a firearms "help" forum.
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

Legio wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:58 am I am not paying for FSN only. It is my server for other things like my cruises. I had space for FSN. I don’t want you guys to think that it was 100% FSN.
Not an issue. We're happy to help out.
osprey21

Post by osprey21 »

I'm in for a few bucks - let me know when and how to contribute.
Believe nothing the MSM tells you.
jr81452

Post by jr81452 »

Legio wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:58 am I am not paying for FSN only. It is my server for other things like my cruises. I had space for FSN. I don’t want you guys to think that it was 100% FSN.
That is what I understood. Still, you could have charged us a hosting fee. At the very least you saved us from having to pay for hosting every year. And then there is the question of when you would have shut down your server over lost business, but didn't because you were hosting FSN as well. Out of your pocket or leaching off your bandwidth, the net benefit to FSN is the same. Thanks for that.
Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities - Voltaire

Zealot: noun 1. a person who is fanatical and uncompromising in pursuit of their religious, political, or other ideals.
Legio
Site Admin

Post by Legio »

OK, some news. Plenty of things happening in my life. I have secured a server that I will use for now. I will move the domain to this server Saturday morning starting 3am. The move should not take long, but some may take a few hours to view the change.

It will give me more time to decide and the move, short of simple DNS propagation, is to only restore the backup to the new server. I will still at one point of time move the forum to its own service.
osprey21

Post by osprey21 »

Copy.

TY
Believe nothing the MSM tells you.