off duty dallas cop enters wrong apartment and kills man inside

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

Poor bastard likely left his door ajar for a woman (of his choice) to stop by....

Imagine the scene. Chillin' in your dark apartment waiting for your sexy sweetie to come by after she gets off work. Door opens. You say "Hey baby - come on over here and get you some lovin''". Next thing you know, a policewoman with a gun who has entered the wrong apartment by mistake due to fatigue/sleep deprivation/distraction/whatever.... thinks that you are a rapist waiting in her dark apartment and shoots you.....

Dang. :o :shock: :? :cry:
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
Allme

Post by Allme »

So this LEO is walking the streets on a $300k bond while the guy in Clearwater who was shoved to the ground by a thug sits and rots in jail? Blue privilege IMHO.
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

Allme wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:40 am So this LEO is walking the streets on a $300k bond while the guy in Clearwater who was shoved to the ground by a thug sits and rots in jail? Blue privilege IMHO.
I think he has a $100k bond, so she has been more harshly treated in that respect.
Allme

Post by Allme »

zeebaron wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:43 am
Allme wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:40 am So this LEO is walking the streets on a $300k bond while the guy in Clearwater who was shoved to the ground by a thug sits and rots in jail? Blue privilege IMHO.
I think he has a $100k bond, so she has been more harshly treated in that respect.
Did the police union post the bond? Or did that $30k come out of her pocket?
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

Allme wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:44 pm
zeebaron wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:43 am
Did the police union post the bond? Or did that $30k come out of her pocket?
Gotta stick up for The Brotherhood when one is in need.
Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast »

video of Amber Guyger getting booked into jail

[youtube]hb9fLUrMM4Q[/youtube]
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools !
Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast »

looks like she was just indicted for murder

surprised it still hasn't come out what really happened and
why

https://abcnews.go.com/US/dallas-office ... d=59525031

An ex-Dallas police officer accused of killing an unarmed man in his apartment has been indicted on a murder charge, officials said Friday.

Amber Guyger, who is white, allegedly mistook the apartment for hers when she shot Botham Jean, who was black, in his home in September.

Guyger was charged with manslaughter three days after 26-year-old Jean's death.

The grand jury's new indictment comes after deliberations and days of testimony from witnesses and Jean's family.

"I want to thank the grand jury for the diligence that they have given to this case," Dallas County District Attorney Faith Johnson said at a Friday news conference.

Guyger's lawyer, Robert Rogers, released a statement late Friday: "I am not surprised that a grand jury came out with an indictment. There's an outpouring of vindictive emotion that's been building up. There was a lot of political pressure that seemed to play a role in how the DA handled this. I don't know what happened in the grand jury, but I believe emotion was injected into this that might have led the grand jury astray from just focusing on the law and the evidence.

"This case hasn’t been tried in a fair forum yet," Rogers added. "When we get to a fair forum in front of 12 dispassionate citizens, I believe the law and evidence will show Amber Guyer (sic) is innocent."

Prosecutors spoke to more than 300 witnesses in their investigation, Johnson said, before evidence was presented and the law was explained to the grand jury.

"I had confidence once we did that, they knew exactly what to do," she said.

Johnson stressed that a murder charge "is intentionally and knowingly committing that act" while manslaughter is a "reckless" action.

Guyger turned herself in and has since posted bond, Johnson said.

"I truly believe that she inflicted tremendous evil on my son. He didn't deserve it," Jean's mother, Allison Jean, told reporters Friday. "He felt safe in that apartment and he was violated."

"This is groundbreaking, but it is also just a start," family members told reporters, explaining that a grand jury indictment "doesn't mean the case itself will be a slam dunk."

"We are elated that we've made this step but we are focused on seeing this case through."

Investigators seek security footage to track Dallas police officer the night she killed her neighbor
Guyger, 30, was still wearing her police uniform when she arrived home at the South Side Flats on the night of Sept. 6 after working a full shift.
She told police she opened the door of the unit she believed was hers and saw a "large silhouette," which she thought was a burglar, according to an arrest warrant affidavit.

Dallas officer accused of killing a man in wrong apartment could still face murder charge: Prosecutor
Guyger was fired from the Dallas Police Department weeks after the shooting.

Robert Rogers, an attorney for Guyger, said in a statement in September, "What happened on Sept. 6 was a tragic mistake and words can never express our sorrow for the pain being suffered by those who knew and loved Botham Jean."

"Amber Guyger is completely devastated by what happened," the statement said.
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools !
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

Slartibartfast wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:44 pm looks like she was just indicted for murder

surprised it still hasn't come out what really happened and why
Because she's a cop and she lied about this accidentally going into the wrong apartment bullshit.

I think she had been on some kind of illegal drug for a while that causes you to not get enough sleep, and marched upstairs after getting home because she thought he was watching football too loudly (rightfully or not, or maybe because the TV was on at all). And she got confused and overreacted when he opened the door and disagreed with her assertion that it was too loud. It probably wasn't in reality, she was just being a cranky drugged up bitch. I think that's the evidence the grand jury heard and rightfully upgraded it to murder.
jaytwillerham

Post by jaytwillerham »

If this situation is the result of some kind of conflict, whether or not the aggressor is a police officer might have little to do with the outcome.
Although it is part of an officers' training to be aggressive and take charge.
If she's lying about any of it, it's surprising she didn't claim she thought her life was in danger.
Then it maybe wouldn't matter whose apartment it was.
Just a couple of thoughts.
n0rlf

Post by n0rlf »

Speculation is all anyone has at this point. Give it some time for all the facts too come out if they ever do.
I think charging murder might be overdoing it. If they don't have the evidence she will get off. That seems too be a recurring issue with these high profile cases. Prosecutors go do murder and wind up with acquittal. If they had gone with a little lesser charge they may have secured a conviction.

Just my.02