This problem happens every month.

Questions regarding any FSN board problems. This is NOT a firearms "help" forum.
N4KVE

This problem happens every month.

Post by N4KVE »

About once a month I answer a post here, & when I hit send I get the message “Your IP 209.42.54.186 has been blocked because it has been blacklisted etc etc. So I then have to go to my cell phone, turn off WiFi, & retype my message using cellphone data. I have plenty of data to spare, I just hate typing my answer twice. After a week, everything returns to normal for another 3 weeks until it starts again. Since I don’t change anything, why does this problem that comes, & goes happen? GARY
n0rlf

Post by n0rlf »

I have moved this to the help forum. We will look into this. At the moment I know of nothing that will be causing it.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

Thanks. And yet today, everything is fine. But this happens every month. But I figured out if I save my post, I can go to my cell phone, & send it from there using cell phone data. Oh well, until next time. I have seen others complain about the same problem. But when this happens, I can still post on other forums. GARY.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

And today I can’t log in from my I Phone with my WiFi. Turn off WiFi, & use cellphone data, & it works. But yet WiFi works on all the other forums I frequent. GARY.
Legio
Site Admin

Post by Legio »

This is the problem: https://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?ac ... n=toolpage

I use Spamhaus on the server to ban the spammers.
jr81452

Post by jr81452 »

Spamhaus plus:
https://www.ipqualityscore.com/free-ip- ... .42.54.186

=blocked. Perhaps disable your proxy/vpn to connect to FSN N4KVE. Legio would know better than I, but perhaps there is a way to whitelist you specifically. I don't think there is though if you are using a proxy/vpn. Not much point to obscuring your connection for FSN though, I'm not aware of any trackers that run on this site.
Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities - Voltaire

Zealot: noun 1. a person who is fanatical and uncompromising in pursuit of their religious, political, or other ideals.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

I don’t try to block anything. But I have my cookies turned off to avoid getting unwanted advertising. Many gun sites ask me to turn on my cookies. Because of this I can not enter the Classic Arms gun giveaways every few weeks. I’m OK with that. GARY.
Legio
Site Admin

Post by Legio »

N4KVE wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:38 pm I don’t try to block anything. But I have my cookies turned off to avoid getting unwanted advertising. Many gun sites ask me to turn on my cookies. Because of this I can not enter the Classic Arms gun giveaways every few weeks. I’m OK with that. GARY.
No, you don’t understand. That IP that you used is blocked. Either change your IP if you can, or ask to unblock it if you cannot.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

And yet today, for the first time in 2+ weeks, I can post here from my I-Pad. I didn’t change a thing. GARY
Legio
Site Admin

Post by Legio »

N4KVE wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:15 pm And yet today, for the first time in 2+ weeks, I can post here from my I-Pad. I didn’t change a thing. GARY
Your phone and your iPad are sharing the same communication ?