It's November: Trump has lost, and the Dems have taken the Senate...

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
tector

It's November: Trump has lost, and the Dems have taken the Senate...

Post by tector »

...what are you doing? The Dems assume power January 20.

Note also that the Dems are already talking about the nuking the filibuster. That means a bare majority of the Senate gets it done. And, as we have seen, you can't count on this Supreme Court doing shit to stop them (and it can only get worse).

A boating trip with all your guns is not an answer. First, it is a worn out joke. And to the extent it is not a joke, it won't stand up to a rubber hose, bubba.

"Nothing" is an answer. If you are 100% prepared already, it is even a good answer.

But even if you are fully stocked now, how about selling stuff in the evitable panic? Or selling guns/mags that could become problematic to own? Could be a hell of a time to cash out.

The bury/use sentiment is appreciated, but not really likely.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
tector

Post by tector »

dammitgriff wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:29 pm Image
I prefer a comet over an asteroid, since it would likely put on a prolonged show for days or even weeks before getting here.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
tcpip95

Post by tcpip95 »

I wouldn't be doing anything. Just keep my head down and keep coloring. Make sure I'm in a state and county where the sheriff isn't a left-winger. There's not going to be an immediate gun grab. Even the courts will want to tie it up until they are forced to address it.

By that time, we'll see which way the winds are truly blowing. The good news is that the wife and I sold everything and bought a 44' fifth wheel one year ago, so we've downsized to everything we need. We can be on the road to wherever we need to go on very short notice.
Chigger

Post by Chigger »

There's always going to be a black market for selling anything.

There's not nearly enough law enforcement to go around collecting any banned items. I know quite a few people that still own bump stocks and binary triggers in Florida. No body came looking.

If the Dems win they will decimate law enforcement even further giving less of a chance of door to door confiscation.

If there is any confiscation at all it will be because a gun owner was turned in by friends or family cause they couldn't keep their trap shut about what they owned.

Life will go on as it always has.

Bugging out with the thousands of others doing so, getting stuck in heavy traffic trying to find remote land is a joke. I seriously doubt 99% of those types have even done a weeks survival bring few tools and catching and cooking what you find. There's kind of a goofy utuber by the name of Fowler who does remote wilderness catch and cook to survive. He's got some minor skills, watch his videos, it's not at all romantic as most people make it out to be.
Besides a nice rv makes a good target, easy to see from a distance.

The crazy baby killer dems don't scare me anyways. What concerns me all the time is economic issues leading to 3rd world living, negative interest rates and grabbing my bank accounts, pensions to pay off gov't debt with no recourse or to give to those who didn't work for their own.
Big_mike

Post by Big_mike »

Not gonna lie, I've been stocking up steadily an things that I think will be in jeopardy.

Never know if we could be facing another 86' or 94', or worse.

I plan to keep quiet and round out the collection so that I might pass down some remnants of our fleeting freedoms to my kids.
tector

Post by tector »

Here's the nightmare scenario explained:

https://reason.com/2020/09/19/regardles ... eme-court/
Sweep

Post by Sweep »

I guess its goona be fucked this isnt a division of states this is division across the states so if it fires off there’s gonna be a lot of friendly fire casualties People taking out personal Grudges , judges politicians etc. etc. meh...im heading to the island a little distance & less folks :?
chạy trốn hoặc giết tất cả và đốt hooches của họ.
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

Why stop at 11 Supreme Court justices? Why not 21? 45? 99?
The United States is on a fast track to destruction, and even the Trump Train isn’t gonna escape the worst of it.
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

Fundamentally, one needs understand that the professional big mouths, your benevolent and honest government officials, do not DO any of what they spout. They have toadies, sycophants, hangers on, and the street level torpedoes to do their bidding. Each individual needs to think through his/her/its options, make decisions, and keep those decisions in mind or a pocket. Your own circumstances dictate what your reaction to the latest screamed "principles" will be.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.