“Steals and Deals” section....

Questions regarding any FSN board problems. This is NOT a firearms "help" forum.
NorincoKid

“Steals and Deals” section....

Post by NorincoKid »

Any thoughts on a sub-section somewhere for people to post various deals when they pop up?

IE ammo sales, or something you run into off the beaten path on the internets etc.

Only negative I see is that it would take a bit of housekeeping as things come and go quickly, but could be helpful resource for some people.
Odessaman

Post by Odessaman »

I'd be up for that - always seem to find the deals right after they're sold out.

Mods could make the original poster responsible for monitoring their own posts and requesting a "Lockdown" once the deal is expired or sold out.
NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

I think it would be interesting to see if it could be setup with "archive" section built in, or something similar.

IE once its gone/dead/over it could be nuked or locked and moved to an archived folder/section for reference. I'd think self-nuking threads after a certain amount of inactivity would be neat too but no idea how that would work.

Sometimes you don't know you need something till you see it pop up real cheap. Just think it would be a somewhat useful resource. Especially for those who don't spend all day hunting for deals. A neat little list to check every so often might be helpful for some.
n0rlf

Post by n0rlf »

Heads up section. I like it. I would be very open to it. As mentioned we need some way to make sure the threads are self archiving at some point just to keep things somewhat near.
Legio
Site Admin

Post by Legio »

Not sure about the archive section. I am personally not too keen on that.

It is 1am for me and I am in bed with my iPad, so not too easy to setup correctly.

I can look into it later today. If you have more specifics, let me know during my night.
NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

I'd volunteer to keep it clean & neat, if that helps.
imnotryan

Post by imnotryan »

Would be cool... Something like the reddit "gundeals"?
cvasqu03

Post by cvasqu03 »

It would certainly be welcome. There are precious few deals around these days.
My posts kill threads.
MiamiOffshore

Post by MiamiOffshore »

Agreed! Would love to see this. Markets are so active these days would be great to pool our collective knowledge!
Legio
Site Admin

Post by Legio »

Sorry guys I wasn’t feeling well. Still not, but going to take care of this very soon.