A FTF gun sale set-up ends in murder

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
lilwoody

Post by lilwoody »

A fella said he had an S&W 681 on FGT last year for 400$. He claimed he was near the Palmetto and Flager. He wanted to meet at the warehouse district in Medley. I told him I'd meet him at Trail Glades Gun Range with the cash in a hour, he insisted on the warehouses. I told him Trail Glades or he could keep it. He kept it. There is no way on Gods green earth I'd meet anyone for anything at the warehouses in Medley.
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

I always arrange to meet close to me. For some, as in long term members here, I'll try to get halfway. That way I protect myself, not only for the major issue of the thread, but the sleazes you find on FGT or Armslist, who misrepresent, or when buying pull the usual tricks, "I could only come up with...", and the no-show, or kids playing pranks.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
TonyR

Post by TonyR »

Never dealt with armslist or FGT. All my dealings have always been with FSN members and have always been positive.Its funny meeting up with you,ya never know,the zebra striped M/C,the black dude who worked out at UCF,the one an only Dalton,covered in cat hair and bumper stickers.Don't get me wrong,I'm abnormal looking also,LOL.
Three can keep a secret.......if two are Dead !
George W

Post by George W »

I've bought and sold a lot of guns in FTF transactions. A large chunk has been here on FSN. Never once did I have a bad transaction. I avoid FGT like the plague though.

I've been buying and selling a lot of motorcycles and parts with my son lately...... now THAT is a shitty demographic for some things..... no shows, and probably 60% assorted trash (of all colors.) But, the money's good when you buy right.
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

TonyR wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:52 pm Never dealt with armslist or FGT. All my dealings have always been with FSN members and have always been positive. Don't get me wrong,I'm abnormal looking also,LOL.
Right? When I rolled up to our exchange and saw you, I thought I was about to get "jumped-in" to the Hell's Angels! :lol:

(And you probably thought I was going to indoctrinate you into the Jehovah's Witnesses...or Amway). :lol: :lol:
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

I would rather sell a gun here cheaper than deal with anyone from the general public.
gforester

Post by gforester »

I have been buying and selling items on this forum for many many years. Met a lot of really nice folks along the way. When dealing here with longtime members it is about as safe as doing business with family members. I wouldn't feel as warm and cozy doing business with someone from FGT.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

If people are coming from the South, I meet at the Lake Worth Turnpike plaza, by FHP HQ. If they’re coming from the North, I meet in the SS parking lot which is right by the Turnpike. Only people from this forum, & everyone was real nice. One guy met me at the Lake Worth plaza with a beautiful S&W 645, & as he approached my car, he stopped for a second. I told him it’s OK, no problem. At the time I was driving a retired all white Impala ex detective car. That 645 is one of my favorite guns. When I sold my UZI to a guy in Miami, I met him halfway in Ft Lauderdale. I was given permission to do the transaction in the SS store there. GARY