Kawasaki Z900rs- Love it

Discussions of all things with motors, wheels, wings and ?????
George W

Kawasaki Z900rs- Love it

Post by George W »

I got back into riding about 2 years ago after taking a 15 or so year break. A year ago, I bought a new Z900rs Cafe. Every time I ride this, is like the first time all over again.... it is an amazing machine.

Outgunu

Post by Outgunu »

Yup, Kawasaki makes some good bikes. Last year I traded in my ZX14R for a new Concourse. Two totally different bikes, but they are both excellent at what they do!
BerettaRacer

Post by BerettaRacer »

Beemer here. '08 K-1200-S

Basically was their race bike with lights added to make street legal, lol

Dyno's at almost 160 HP at the wheel, with no ram air effect and drive losses, so we're guessing about 185 at the crank.

She's a beast to drive. Stalls, coughs, sputters etc around town, costs a small fortune to maintain. Drive by the BMW dealer and I can feel the money being sucked out of my wallet.

I keep asking myself why anyone would want to own or drive one of these things.Then I hit second gear, quick click to third, and ALL is forgotten. When your hands stop shaking from the adrenaline rush, your butt loosens up from trying to grab the seat, and a BIG smile comes to your face, oh yeah, THAT'S why I own this thing!! LOL
Last edited by BerettaRacer on Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'll tell you what rule we applied sir.
We applied rule 303.
We caught them and we shot them under rule 303!

Harry "Breaker" Morant
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

Im on an 07 Bandit 1250s now, a couple months ago, I was hoping someone in So Fla would go look at a 16 Aprillia Tuono for me that was put on sale for only $8k the day before Christmas, I had just came down with covid and was willing to buy it sight unseen, even if it needed service it was still $ 4 K under market but I couldn't make the logistics work out and the dealer wasn't answering my emails. I just needed to know that it wasn't laid down and not as advertised, I thought we bike guys stuck together but I guess no one on FSN in south Miami rides :roll: .....anyways 10 days later when the China flu wore off the bike was gone.
So the quest continues for a 2nd bike... I looked at a Z1000, but Im not convinced .....Im thinking MT-10, but the 2019-20 model in Ice Fluo color that I fell in love with all but disappeared off the dealers showrooms so fast, now Ive gotta wait for a used one to come available. :oops:
George W

Post by George W »

rentprop1 wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:56 pm Im on an 07 Bandit 1250s now, a couple months ago, I was hoping someone in So Fla would go look at a 16 Aprillia Tuono for me that was put on sale for only $8k the day before Christmas, I had just came down with covid and was willing to buy it sight unseen, even if it needed service it was still $ 4 K under market but I couldn't make the logistics work out and the dealer wasn't answering my emails. I just needed to know that it wasn't laid down and not as advertised, I thought we bike guys stuck together but I guess no one on FSN in south Miami rides :roll: .....anyways 10 days later when the China flu wore off the bike was gone.
So the quest continues for a 2nd bike... I looked at a Z1000, but Im not convinced .....Im thinking MT-10, but the 2019-20 model in Ice Fluo color that I fell in love with all but disappeared off the dealers showrooms so fast, now Ive gotta wait for a used one to come available. :oops:
Give the Z900RS a look. It really is a perfect balance of retro style and modern performance. My Cafe is perfect in every way.
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

naa, this is what got me going, but its a custom paint job

George W

Post by George W »

lighteye

Post by lighteye »

I'm to be found most days on a big touring bike due to my size....not exactly average. I sold 3 out of the 4 in the garage a year and a half ago when putting together financing for the house that we're now living in. I've had some .....exciting times going over the skyway pre dawn in 40+MPH cross winds. I almost parked the vrod one day at the top the winds were so bad...solid cast wheels make handling a bit sporty on that light of a bike in a steady crosswind.

For the longest time I had no 4 wheeled vehicle at all, just a bike and a 120 mile commute every day. I was either going to greatly increase my skills or die, and I'm still here. From 2015-2019, I clocked over 180,000 miles in the saddle. I've slowed down now that I'm retired, but still enjoy getting out in the wind occasionally.

I'm not a brand snob at all, just spend my days on top of my Road Glide out here in the country. Glad you have something that makes you happy :)