The Glock thread

Pistols of all descriptions.
Deputydave

Post by Deputydave »

45caldan wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:40 am
Deputydave wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:45 am
Limeybtrd wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:59 pm Bought a Glock 19 gen 3 last week. I had a gen 4 a few years ago. Wasn’t aware they still made this gen.
They still make the Gen 3. The Gen 4 has been discontinued except for LE contracts. So basically as of right now, Gen 3 and Gen 5 are what's in production.
Most likely they’d drop the Gen 3 if it where not for Commie fornia and there “approved list”…
I think that is likely the reason.
Survival and Emergency Preparedness https://www.sepboard.us
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

IRA still orders, & sells quite a few Gen 3’s. Prices of them have dropped to pre insanity days. GARY.
CDI

Post by CDI »

just sold a g43 and a g26 and got a g48. I didn't see the need for both when the 48 with shield arms 15rd mags give me the thickness of a 43 with the capacity of a 19.
Skeezix

Post by Skeezix »

CDI wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:24 pm just sold a g43 and a g26 and got a g48. I didn't see the need for both when the 48 with shield arms 15rd mags give me the thickness of a 43 with the capacity of a 19.
Mag Catch Recommendation
We recommend swapping out your plastic OEM mag catch with either our standard steel mag catch or our premium steel mag catch. Here's why. If you don't swap your mag catch you may have reliability issues. If you use another manufacturer's mag catch you may have reliability issues. Gen 2 magazines were designed to work with Shield Arms steel mag catches. If you have a first generation aluminum mag catch, we recommend upgrading to one of our steel mag catch offerings.
Deputydave

Post by Deputydave »

Just got back from picking up a police trade-in Glock 35 Gen 4. Excellent condition, night sights and a couple of mags for $450 (Shark Coast Tactical in Sarasota). Just a hint of holster wear on the front of the slide and a faint smiley on the barrel. Just doesn't look like it was shot very much. This is the first G35 I've owned. Don't even recall shooting one.

Plans are to get a 9mm conversion barrel as well as a 357sig barrel for it to make it a 3-N-1 pistol.

Figured it would be a good pistol to take to the Outlaw matches as well.

Off To The Races

Post by Off To The Races »

Deputydave wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:33 pm Just got back from picking up a police trade-in Glock 35 Gen 4. Excellent condition, night sights and a couple of mags for $450 (Shark Coast Tactical in Sarasota). Just a hint of holster wear on the front of the slide and a faint smiley on the barrel. Just doesn't look like it was shot very much. This is the first G35 I've owned. Don't even recall shooting one.

Plans are to get a 9mm conversion barrel as well as a 357sig barrel for it to make it a 3-N-1 pistol.

Figured it would be a good pistol to take to the Outlaw matches as well.

Great price!
Deputydave

Post by Deputydave »

Glad the deal presented itself. Now it's time to get some additional barrels and maybe update the night sights. I have a complete set of back straps and pins coming for it because I like to add on the medium beaver tail.
Deputydave

Post by Deputydave »

Shark Coast Tactical got in a bunch of Gen 3 G21 police trade-ins for $399 so I picked on up yesterday.

Deputydave

Post by Deputydave »

Finally found the box my sight pusher was packed into. Pulled it out and installed Truglo night sights on both the G21 and G35. The G21 was a bit odd as I'd never seen a staked front sight. No big deal as I just twisted off the front sight with my multi-tool.

Also bought an unmarked Lone Wolf 9mm conversion barrel for the G35.
ss1

Post by ss1 »

Just installed a Timney Alpha trigger in my G34 and wow, it completely changes how the trigger feels. It basically holds the striker fully back and the 3lb trigger just drops the sear. Reset is also very clean and short. I may not necessarily do this to an EDC, but it defintely is a game changer for Glock trigger improvement.