Rules for BST forums

Questions regarding any FSN board problems. This is NOT a firearms "help" forum.
Legio
Site Admin

Rules for BST forums

Post by Legio »

I received too many reports about trades. It is time to set rules. Here are the ones I propose. Let's discuss them before they are implemented.
Following are the rules for the Exchange Forums. Please abide strictly by them.
  1. You won't be able to create a topic in this forum as long as you have the "Newly registered" status. You may answer to an existing post.
  2. You MUST use the topic prefixes (do not add your own).
  3. The condition MUST be part of the title and between brackets. [NEW], [LNIB], [USED], etc.
  4. Only ONE item per topic.
  5. Make, Model and Caliber MUST be part of the title.
  6. The original asking price MUST be at the end of title and CANNOT be changed.
  7. The trade location MUST be mentioned in the title between brackets. [FLORIDA], [FLL], [DADE], [BROWARD]
  8. Topics are automatically pruned every 30 days. If your item is still for sale, just create a new topic.
  9. Bashing someone's topic is highly frowned upon. Your posts will be removed and you'll be warned. Warning can lead to banning from BST.
Here is a properly formatted title:

[WTS][NEW] Beretta 92FS Cal. 9mm - $500 [TAMPA]

WARNING: Topics not following these rules will be removed without notice.

Remember that this forum is set to help you in your trades. Florida Shooters Network, its owners and staff have no responsibilities in your trades. It is your responsibility to trade with caution. Trade that violate laws will be immediately LOCKED, MOVED and REPORTED to the authorities.

These rules are subject to change without notice. It is your responsibility to come and read them again form time to time.
Your location is no longer required because the area you are willing to use for a transaction is in the title.
n0rlf

Post by n0rlf »

We need to add keeping extra comments out. No bashing items or prices. I get a lot of complaints on that.
Legio
Site Admin

Post by Legio »

n0rlf wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:05 am We need to add keeping extra comments out. No bashing items or prices. I get a lot of complaints on that.
Yes, of course. If my English needs to be reworked, please let me know too.
Legio
Site Admin

Post by Legio »

I was expecting more chatter on this. Looks like you don't care either way.
n0rlf

Post by n0rlf »

Color me shocked! I was thinking we would have several pages by now.

So, make it a sticky and bold and let the games begin.

I will help Tony herd the cats until it becomes habit for everyone!
:lol:
TonyR

Post by TonyR »

Yea,this should be fun,LOL
Three can keep a secret.......if two are Dead !
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

Legio wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:38 am I was expecting more chatter on this. Looks like you don't care either way.
Im thinking a lot of folks said what a F-ing hassle, I'm gonna use ArmsList or GunBroker :mrgreen: ..j/k...

too cluttered IMHO, but these cheap ass Mo Fo's on here never buy anything unless its at firesale prices :mrgreen:
Wakko

Post by Wakko »

I'm not a fan of the pruning in 30 days. The brackets themselves are clutter, but I'm glad for the information to be included, and I'm definitely glad for prices not to be culled from the original post. Sometimes when we want to sell something and don't know the value, we like to search old threads. When a price is deleted, it's irritating.

I wasn't going to complain, but since you asked. :)

ETA: Most folks probably didn't even see this thread since it was in the HELP forum.
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

The mods job would be so much easier if you just let the peanut gallery rip an over priced seller, just sayin.... :mrgreen:

We could start each post with.... Reality Check :mrgreen:
n0rlf

Post by n0rlf »

rentprop1 wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:55 pm The mods job would be so much easier if you just let the peanut gallery rip an over priced seller, just sayin.... :mrgreen:

We could start each post with.... Reality Check :mrgreen:
Scroll, don't troll.