Walmart stopping ammo sales

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
tector

Post by tector »

Who knows what purchase contracts were in place when they went Fudd.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
GunsandHoses

Post by GunsandHoses »

Skoll wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:44 pm
gforester wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:38 pm We just returned to Cocoa from our summer cabin in Alabama. Figured I would check the ammo counter at the local Wally World here in town. The shelves were fully stocked with all the handgun calibers you would expect. Was this only a ruse by Walmart to promote more sales? Or maybe they reconsidered their corporate policy position on handgun ammo but did not inform the public?
In my experience, they either don't man Sporting Goods or they intentionally take a long time for someone with the key to get there in hopes the customer goes away. Last time I went, I clocked it and I waited 45 minutes until the actual store manager came by with the key. I had spoken to four employees about it before then.
The Walmart by me has the fishing/boating stuff right next to the ammo aisle and usually a couple of the loud handheld air horns on the rack at any given time! Would probably get the manager over REAL quick if one of those was going off ever minute or so! :D
TC6969

Post by TC6969 »

Deputydave wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:42 am As long as they have ammo in the pipeline however, the cabinet will be full. So I'll take advantage of the sales.
I haven't seen any sales, nor have I seen any prices that Academy wouldn't meet OR beat and drop it on my porch for free and save me the trouble of fighting blue hairs in golf carts for a parking space.

If I need something NOW for a match or a hunt I'll use Walmart but as far as buying to put back for the zombie apocalypse, I'll just order it.