PCC thread

Lever guns, hunting guns, black powder, plinkers, rifle scopes, spotting scopes, night vision, sling shots, bows 'n arrows, knives and anything else that doesn't fit anywhere else!
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

better2have&notneed wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:21 pm
Firemedic2000 wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:05 pm Updated picture of my MPX
Is that the Hybrid? What flash hider is that?
Yes that's the HYBRID and a 9mm ASR mount. I've since gone back to the tri lug adaptor on the HPYBRID. I like it better.

https://www.store.silencerco.com/produc ... 7796761540
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
better2have&notneed

Post by better2have&notneed »

Firemedic2000 wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:12 pm
Firemedic2000 wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:05 pm Updated picture of my MPX
Yes that's the HYBRID and a 9mm ASR mount. I've since gone back to the tri lug adaptor on the HPYBRID. I like it better.

Nice, I prefer the 3 lug too.

I always wondered why there's not a 3 lug type setup for rifle rounds...like 3 lug on steroids.
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

Sorry I forgot this was pistol caliber and I posted rifle caliber so I deleted my posts my bad. Got carried away :P
Last edited by Firemedic2000 on Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

better2have&notneed wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:50 pm
Firemedic2000 wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:12 pm

Nice, I prefer the 3 lug too.

I always wondered why there's not a 3 lug type setup for rifle rounds...like 3 lug on steroids.
I did not know you could not use a 3 lug on a rifle round. :o I mean if you could get an adaptor that would thread on to the muzzle and an end cap for suppressor why couldn't you use it. Honest question. I don't know. :?:

A 9mm 3 lug would thread onto a 5.56 rifle then just change out the end cap on the HYBRID TO .22 CAL. I'M SURE you could get one for 308 to and just leave the 308 end cap on it to shoot it on 5.56 and 308.

But the problem would be I guess blast inside the suppressor and muzzle blast when shooting without a suppressor. I did not think of that till just now. :roll:

Could you imagine the flame that would come out if the end of the barrel without a break or flash hider using just a 3 lug mount :lol:
better2have&notneed

Post by better2have&notneed »

If it’s just like a larger version of a 3 lug, you might be able to have a flash hider or brake....I guess like the flash hiders are now except some kind of 3 lug instead of the threads on outside of the flash hider.

There’s gotta be video out there of somebody that put a 3 lug on a .223 AR barrel and a used something like the Hybrid with its 3 lug.
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

better2have&notneed wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:16 pm If it’s just like a larger version of a 3 lug, you might be able to have a flash hider or brake....I guess like the flash hiders are now except some kind of 3 lug instead of the threads on outside of the flash hider.

There’s gotta be video out there of somebody that put a 3 lug on a .223 AR barrel and a used something like the Hybrid with its 3 lug.
That's a great idea. Integrate flash hider type slots in front of the 3 lugs that you mount the suppressor to for a rifle.
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

Oh wait this is a pistol caliber post my bad I forgot sorry. I'll delete my post.
CDI

Post by CDI »

I have been going nuts trying to figure out which PCC PDW to get. I own plenty of Glocks so a Glock mag based one would be ideal. I like the kel tec but I also like the master piece arms defender with a brace. I have also been looking at the Grand power stribog because it looks like a well made and affordable B & T clone. But it takes proprietary mags. The cmmg's look good also but a little too pricey for me. The micro Roni is also on my radar. I basically want something I can throw into my motorcycle back pack. It's such a hard choice
Deputydave

Post by Deputydave »

Well the slide-on pad for the buffer tube and the buffer cylinder arrived. Easy enough task to install both of them. The buffer cylinder is suppose to reduce recoil by 30% and the pad should make for a more pleasant shoot as far as a cheek rest. Being a 9mm the recoil wasn't all that much obviously, but resting your cheek on that bare metal buffer tube shot after shot started to hurt after a while. Hopefully get out the the range again Friday or Saturday to try it out again and see the difference and check function.
Survival and Emergency Preparedness https://www.sepboard.us
cj5mrt

Post by cj5mrt »

I had a 1st gen KT sub2000 and never had any problems with it. G22 model. It does what it was designed to do and did it well. It wouldn't be the first gun I'd grab if SHTF, I have other ones better designed to handle that situation.