RING Doorbell

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
weaselfire

Post by weaselfire »

Don't do devices that rely on Amazon or Google keeping track of me. Then again, I've had three visitors that weren't specifically invited in the last 18 months. Might be the gate and signs that keep them out. Uninvited are met with a loaded firearm, no doorbell needed.

The property has recording cameras, some you see and some you don't. Good enough for me.

Jeff

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

OKIE

Post by OKIE »

armedpolak wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:25 pm Alright I ordered one earlier today, the Pro version that requires wiring. should be here in an hour according to UPS tracking... it's so nice having Amazon fulfillment warehouse near by... most of my orders are delivered same day :)

let's just hope my 40yo doorbell can power it properly...
If I remember, the instructions say the line voltage should be 16vdc, if you don't have a meter, find the transformer as it's labeled. Mine's in the attic, some are near the breaker box. Easy to climb up and read it, my label was towards to top, so I used my phone to take a photo.
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

OKIE wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:34 pm
armedpolak wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:25 pm Alright I ordered one earlier today, the Pro version that requires wiring. should be here in an hour according to UPS tracking... it's so nice having Amazon fulfillment warehouse near by... most of my orders are delivered same day :)

let's just hope my 40yo doorbell can power it properly...
If I remember, the instructions say the line voltage should be 16vdc, if you don't have a meter, find the transformer as it's labeled. Mine's in the attic, some are near the breaker box. Easy to climb up and read it, my label was towards to top, so I used my phone to take a photo.
16vac ~ 24vac, 30va
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -