Conceal Carry In Florida Summer

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
SteyrAUG

Post by SteyrAUG »

Skoll wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:51 am
SteyrAUG wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:14 am Full size P226 OWB w/ reporters vest.

Once inside restaurants and such I can remove my vest and place it over my holstered gun in a booth. Nobody is really fooling anyone in South Florida. I can pick out the CCW guys all the time no matter what they try.
That's the difference between a trained eye and not. Given most CCW holders probably don't carry and just have it to expedite gun purchases, I'd be surprised if more than a few people knew what to look for re: spotting concealed weapons on someones person.
Large fanny pack = gun.

Tucked t shirt with untucked button shirt = gun

Any kind of vest = gun

And if you deep conceal, that is lag time that is going to cost you on the draw if something is "happening right now" and you have to try and play catch up. That whole pull up your shirt with your non drawing hand and draw from your IWB holster is gonna get you shot if somebody is already pointing a gun at you.

Granted the general public can be oblivious, but here are the people who see your concealed weapon:

Other people who CCW
Cops
Criminals, especially those who intend to rob or harm you.

So everyone runs their situational awareness as best they can, but criminals have the advantage of knowing they are going to attack you before they do it. Better not to have to have too many steps involved in getting to your weapon.
TC6969

Post by TC6969 »

I've had people who I've been around me for years drop their jaws in shock when they find out that they've never seen me without my 19. (I never knew you had THAT! :shock: )

If someone already has you in his sights, ANY method of clearing a concealed handgun and trying to bring it into play is probably going to get you shot.
SteyrAUG

Post by SteyrAUG »

TC6969 wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:34 pm I've had people who I've been around me for years drop their jaws in shock when they find out that they've never seen me without my 19. (I never knew you had THAT! :shock: )

If someone already has you in his sights, ANY method of clearing a concealed handgun and trying to bring it into play is probably going to get you shot.
Yet some are faster than others. Tucked holsters are really slow. Ankle rigs are probably the only thing slower.
Shooter69

Post by Shooter69 »

LCP in pocket holster or NAA .22 inpocket holster.
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

Hawaiian shirt over on the waistband covers my G26; works during hurricane and tourist seasons.
The general public doesn't pay attention to old fat guys and those paying attention, looking for prey, well if they see the gun hiding under my shirt and look elsewhere, fine.
tcpip95

Post by tcpip95 »

I carry a CZ-75B .40 IWB. I’ll wear a tee shirt tucked in and something like a Columbia Sportswear fishing shirt untucked. I’ve recently begun carrying the smaller CZ-2075 RAMI .40 polymer. Much easier to conceal.
45caldan

Post by 45caldan »

I pretty much carry a Shield IWB year round here. Shirt is untucked.
I don’t really like pocket carry for a few reasons but if I do pocket carry, I have a Kimber Micro 380 in front right pocket in a Remora holster.
I do like that little pistol...
Deputydave

Post by Deputydave »

JonathanW wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:18 am How do you guys conceal Carry during the hot season?

Is anyone able to carry a full size gun comfortably? Or is the sub compacts the only good option ?
I carry either a G26.4 or LC9s. Sometimes IWB but mostly OWB.

A lot depends on your build. With a T-shirt and shorts I've concealed a G17 without any real printing concerns.
Survival and Emergency Preparedness https://www.sepboard.us
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

Shooter69 wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:31 pm LCP in pocket holster or NAA .22 inpocket holster.
I want a NAA 22 mag.

I have different guns to carry depending on what I wear that day. To me it does not matter the caliber. It matters that I've got something.

As many of the older guys here have maybe done. I went through the," finding the best ccw to carry all the time.

That gun does not exist. For the first 15 or so years tried to find it. A dear friend use to be part owner of Plant City Gun and Pawn next to the old PC police station. It's still a pawn shop but nothing like it use to be.

I know there was probably 2 years I'd buy a gun a month. I'd buy one try it then use it as a trade in to buy another.

I finally figured out you need more than one gun. Then carry what ever gun based upon what you wear that day.

Because I found myself not carrying at all because it was just inconvenient or not comfortable.

I use to own TAS-T-O DONUTS in Plant City. I bought big 50lbs cubes of shortening to use in the fryers. I'd take a block of that shortening and use it to test ammo/bullets of different calibers.

Like balistics gel. It worked great in testing ammo. To me it worked better than gel. When I cut it in half I could actually see the bullet track expansion everything better.

But at 50.00 a cube I had to quit doing that :lol:

But carry the most you can and still feel comfortable. Plus conceals easily. If you find yourself constantly adjusting or making sure it's still concealed. Your not comfortable.

It does not have to be a 45, 9mm or whatever the experts say is the best man stopper. Not referring to members here as stated a .22 cal is better than nothing if that's what your comfortable with that day. Any weapon is better than no weapon.

There is no one ccw that can cover every scenario.
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS