My son's first real target pic

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Whoutink

My son's first real target pic

Post by Whoutink »

Last night we made a little backyard range. We had a very good backstop, so even though we were breaking the rules, we were very safe about it. He just turned 8 and got the rifle from Santa. Because what we were doing was really stupid, and it was his first time he only shot at about 15 feet from the target.
Open sites, ruger 10/22, federal value pack 36grain hollow point,
5 yards. I couldn't be prouder. Thanks again Tcpip95.

Hard to tell from the pic but there are 12 to 14 hits in my crooked bullseye. On the bottom right corner of the bullseye there's about 5 shots in that hole
Last edited by Whoutink on Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Clyde621

Post by Clyde621 »

Looks like he is going to be a natural. Keep encouraging him.
Whoutink

Post by Whoutink »

I will. He didn't seem to give a crap at all about the rifle until his friends saw it. They lost their minds, and then his attitude changed to I'm the most awesome guy here. Lol

If he goes pro can he afford to take care off me?
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

Outstanding you sound like a great dad. I sometimes miss not ever having children when seeing posts like this. I just turned 57 but all of my friends kids call me uncle mackie. Plus I have a god child. But I wonder about him sometimes. He's more of a nerd and momma's boy.

But it must be great to have a son to share things like this.

But on the other hand also. By not having kids. I was able to retire, pay off my home, debt free and afford alot of things I know I'd not be able to if I had kids. It's kind of a trade off.

But sometimes there are those moments I'd be willing to trade it all for a family like yours. ;) :)
Your a good man.
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

Looking good!

FWIW, if you've never tried those Aguila Colibri's , they are a ton of fun for low noise, short range backyard shooting. I shoot out back with the kids sometimes, its as quiet as a BB gun. Just be careful with longer barreled .22's, they can get stuck.
TC6969

Post by TC6969 »

Now buy him a decent trigger and watch as his groups shrink and his confidence grows!

Those 10lb abominations that 10/22s come with are terrible.
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

NorincoKid wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:06 pm Looking good!

FWIW, if you've never tried those Aguila Colibri's , they are a ton of fun for low noise, short range backyard shooting. I shoot out back with the kids sometimes, its as quiet as a BB gun. Just be careful with longer barreled .22's, they can get stuck.
yep quiet as a pellet gun, and no will definitely clear a 22 inch barrel and can and still be on target...
\.
NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

rentprop1 wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:01 amyep quiet as a pellet gun, and no will definitely clear a 22 inch barrel and can and still be on target...
I've personally had them fail to exit a long rifle, at least two of mine (a remington and marlin , both old guns) it will happen sometimes.

The "Super Colibri" doesn't seem as prone to that happening.

Out of a 16-18" barrel, I've never had it happen but wouldn't rule it out.

They are neat though.
Groesbeck

Post by Groesbeck »

I'm happy to find out about the super colibri ammo. Anybody stock that in central Florida or would I have to order online?
Whoutink

Post by Whoutink »

Thanks for the kind words Firemedic. I don't know if I deserve that much praise, but I damn sure am trying to teach my kids all the things I had to learn the hard way. So I guess they are way more lucky than I was.
Last edited by Whoutink on Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.