Fishing Carry.

State and national practical & political discussions on legal open, concealed and vehicle carry.
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

rug357 wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:22 pm
flcracker wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:30 am Maybe she simply understood him when he told her? :roll:
One particular Broward cop had me get out of the car when I told her that I had a pistol on my belt.
This was back around 1988 soon after I got my permit. When I took the mandatory CWP class we were told that when we were pulled over by LEO and they ask for license, registration and proof of insurance we should give the CWP too without saying we had a weapon and wait for the LEO to ask where it was located...and that's what I did and when she asked where it was located I told her it was in a holster on my belt.
Got it. Thx.
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:32 pm
flcracker wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:30 am Maybe she simply understood him when he told her? :roll:
Why would he tell her? :roll:

Read his posts. :roll:
This was back around 1988 soon after I got my permit. When I took the mandatory CWP class we were told that when we were pulled over by LEO and they ask for license, registration and proof of insurance we should give the CWP too without saying we had a weapon and wait for the LEO to ask where it was located...and that's what I did and when she asked where it was located I told her it was in a holster on my belt.
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

Now, we are taught to reply truthfully, if asked. In the past, we were told to volunteer the information.
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

flcracker wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:54 pm

Now, we are taught to reply truthfully, if asked. In the past, we were told to volunteer the information.
No duty to notify. Saying nothing isn't untruthful.
rug357

Post by rug357 »

Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:53 pm

You have to remember that this was back when Florida first started issuing CWP to civilians. There was no standard protocol as to how people should react when confronted by LEO and I think most LEO were nervous people could be carrying pistols while out and about. This was something new to both sides and both the LEO and civilian carriers were trying to figure out what was the safest procedure. The idea of not saying anything until asked came about later and wasn't the standard protocol at the time.
You may not be of my flesh and blood, but you are of my heart and soul.

Do not mistaken my kindness for weakness.
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

rug357 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:32 pm
Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:53 pm

You have to remember that this was back when Florida first started issuing CWP to civilians. There was no standard protocol as to how people should react when confronted by LEO and I think most LEO were nervous people could be carrying pistols while out and about. This was something new to both sides and both the LEO and civilian carriers were trying to figure out what was the safest procedure. The idea of not saying anything until asked came about later and wasn't the standard protocol at the time.
I understand. I was responding to FLCracker.