Parts Kits and Projects Picture Thread!

Discuss your latest firearms project! DON'T post normal maintenance questions here.
cvasqu03

Post by cvasqu03 »

NorincoKid wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 2:01 pm Image
Hey Norinco Kid, I have several UZI receiver pieces that I've been hoping to turn into full receivers (both full and mini). Actually, I probably have more than I need. I don't suppose you'd be willing to let me visit so you could give me some welding lessons eh? I could throw in a few random parts to help your build. :D
My posts kill threads.
NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

The mini was tricky.

I've only done them with center repair sections, never 100% from cut scraps. Probably doable but I'm not the best welder.
cvasqu03

Post by cvasqu03 »

NorincoKid wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:51 pm The mini was tricky.

I've only done them with center repair sections, never 100% from cut scraps. Probably doable but I'm not the best welder.
I have some repair sections too! :D Like I said, I accumulated way too many pieces and parts years ago and never got around to doing anything with them. Let me know if you change your mind. I don't really make it up there that often but could plan out a trip for the right reason.

BTW, the offer is open to anyone in S. Florida that's working on a similar project and has a welder. I have several front sections and repair sections, top covers, pistol grips and other small parts and I'd be happy getting a couple of receivers out of my parts and would appreciate learning a new skill in the process.
My posts kill threads.
NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

Heres what I took for pics the last full size one I did. Didn't really get many throughout the process for the mini but its similar.

A lot of time fitting, measuring, massaging stuff to fit, etc.

The mini is done, but working out some bugs on it still. Light primer strikes, I'm thinking when I cut down the full size barrel and rechambered it for the mini that I may have cut it a little short, the distance between the bolt face and breech needs to be tightened up. I think I can do that by adjusting the stop ring area near the muzzle of the barrel though, I think there's enough meat there that I can turn that back a little and still have tight engagement of the barrel nut.

NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

Challege accepted...

Molivo

Post by Molivo »

NorincoKid wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 7:55 am Image

Challege accepted...

Thats a taurus...it didnt come from the factory like that? :lol:
NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

Molivo wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 5:15 pm Thats a taurus...it didnt come from the factory like that? :lol:
Lol, I didn't ask questions. Was an old timer's gun, friend of the inlaws I cleaned it up as a charity case. Shoots fine now, looks a little better but I can only do so much, the pitting was pretty bad.