Another Florida business owner probably about to be charged with murder

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

Years ago, there was a guy in Miami whose house had been robbed numerous times. He came home one night, & found his house had been robbed again. The bad guys were just making their escape when the guy came home. He shot & killed them even though his life was not in danger. The bad guys never even saw the victim. He was arrested, & thrown in jail. The neighborhood was so outraged, & they all chipped in for a lawyer. Eventually he was found not guilty by the jury, but his life was turned upside down until the jury verdict. GARY.
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

GunsNHoses—the robber was making off with the loot, of course he was still in the middle of committing a felony.
Now he’s been committed to the hospital.
I strongly agree that the more armed defense of property we see, the less we will see of violent crimes.
More guns, less crime. Wait, where have I heard that before? Oh, yeah—right here:
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

dammitgriff wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:56 am GunsNHoses—the robber was making off with the loot, of course he was still in the middle of committing a felony.
I guess that's the key thing here, the two other cases where the person shooting was charged (over beer & hatchet shoplifting) weren't felonies. Neither involved even a threat or actual violence, weren't outright robbery, and (I'm not sure this matters) the amount taken was under the felony threshold ($300).
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

Yessir, right on.
GunsandHoses

Post by GunsandHoses »

I agree the "felony" was still going on when the POS got shot (and deservedly so), it's the "forcible " part. If the shooter was shooting to protect his co worker.... I think he might have a better chance with the State?!