Here's yer DST bitching thread (w/ WSJ update on efforts to reform)

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
tector

Post by tector »

Seriously, standard time is God's time:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... ar-AAV9l4d

Don't say you weren't warned:

“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
45caldan

Post by 45caldan »

N4KVE wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:30 am Here’s my view on this. For me it’s no big deal changing the clocks. But for me, full time DST is the WORST. For those with 8-5 jobs, during the winter you’d have to get up, & drive to work in the dark. That would totally SUCK!! Matter of fact, over the years I remember thanking God when we went back to EST in the fall for that reason. So full time DST would TOTALLY SUCK, while full time EST would be OK. I can certainly live with the sun going down at 7:30 instead of 8:30 during the summer. But if I was still working, I could not deal with the sun coming up at 8 AM. So I wonder if those crusading for full time DST have 8-5 jobs. Any state that hates changing the clocks has the right to blow off DST. And while the Fl Gov’t has voted for full time DST, the Fed’s have to OK it. So if Florida hates changing the clocks twice a year, they can simply vote to go full time EST, but for some reason unknown to me, they don’t. Wonder why? GARY.
Every job I’ve ever had I drove to work in the dark.
As a 8-5 er (6-4) I’d like to have a little sun up when I get home so it doesn’t feel like I should be getting ready for bed which doesn’t happen in the winter months currently.
Last edited by 45caldan on Fri Mar 18, 2022 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

LOL. Where I grew up in Canada, it was getting dark in the winter at 4:15. But in the summer, it was getting dark at 9:15. GARY.
tector

Post by tector »

N4KVE wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:10 pm LOL. Where I grew up in Canada, it was getting dark in the winter at 4:15. But in the summer, it was getting dark at 9:15. GARY.
Shit...Michigan is in the far west of the Eastern time so under DST it gets dark at almost 10 around the solstice. Freaked me out the first time I went there.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

45caldan wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 6:49 pm Every job I’ve ever had I drove to work in the dark.
As a 8-5 er (6-4) I’d like to have a little sun up when I get home so it doesn’t feel like I should be getting ready for bed which doesn’t happen in the winter months currently.
https://www.washingtonian.com/2022/03/1 ... ket-newtab
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

N4KVE wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:30 am Here’s my view on this. For me it’s no big deal changing the clocks. But for me, full time DST is the WORST. For those with 8-5 jobs, during the winter you’d have to get up, & drive to work in the dark. That would totally SUCK!! Matter of fact, over the years I remember thanking God when we went back to EST in the fall for that reason. So full time DST would TOTALLY SUCK, while full time EST would be OK. I can certainly live with the sun going down at 7:30 instead of 8:30 during the summer. But if I was still working, I could not deal with the sun coming up at 8 AM. So I wonder if those crusading for full time DST have 8-5 jobs. Any state that hates changing the clocks has the right to blow off DST. And while the Fl Gov’t has voted for full time DST, the Fed’s have to OK it. So if Florida hates changing the clocks twice a year, they can simply vote to go full time EST, but for some reason unknown to me, they don’t. Wonder why? GARY.
¿Qué Winter? This is Florida. The only powdered white stuff on the ground is a kilo or two of Colombian Nose Candy that was spelled by the bikini clad model during a photo shoot on the beach.
Communism - 20th Century Mass Murder Champions
R.I.P. Edward Avila - AR15.COM Founder
Check out my gun blog - https://www.newwavefirearms.com
Florida State Director for Gun Owners of America - Join GOA