What Japan thinks of Americans

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
SteyrAUG

Post by SteyrAUG »

dammitgriff wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:24 am My favorite line in the TV show MASH:
“What if they threw a war and nobody came?”
I often wonder why anyone is surprised that an isolated naval base, far from the continental mainland, would be considered an enemy target.
The attack on Pearl Harbor was to be expected. Tons of documentation exists to prove the White House knew the Japanese were coming and willfully withheld the information from military commanders in charge at Pearl Harbor. Where’s the outrage at that?
Economic sanctions are a declaration of war. Some historians say the Japanese were provoked into attacking due to the oil and commodities embargo placed against it by the U.S., and the attack provided us the needed excuse to enter the war. We just can’t help ourselves from believing every fairy tale our government spins.
Much as I despise FDR, those people are FOS. Everyone KNEW an attack was coming, they expected it at Guam, the Philippines and a few other places and they were correct, those places were attacked on the same day or within days of Pearl.

Nobody expected an attack at Pearl, they believed the water was too shallow for torpedo bombers and were unaware of a simple Japanese modification that made such an attack possible. Also at Pearl everything was protected against fifth column sabotage which was a genuine threat as there were many Japanese friendly agents and families in Hawaii at the time.

But more than anything else, even a complete tard like FDR wouldn't risk the US fleet to get himself into a war that he wanted into. Without the US fleet, he would have been powerless and he didn't know exactly where the Japs would hit us let alone when.

It was blind luck that most of our carriers were not in port during the attack and that the Japanese task force was sailing under radio silence and couldn't receive that update. But even with the carriers that were absent at Pearl, and the other ships we managed to salvage nothing was a done deal.

Coral Sea was a trade off and nothing really got decided until Midway. And even when we were reading the Japanese navy transmissions as fast as they were, it really came down to who found who first and we again got very lucky.

To suggest FDR pulled off this elaborate deception and then played a brilliant game a naval brinksmanship that couldn't have ended in complete disaster is to give the man way too much credit.

A bunch of American pilots died holding the Japanese carrier force in place until a stronger force of American fliers could show up and do some real damage. It really came down to that single event, in that single action at Midway that changed everything to our advantage.

If that didn't happen, nothing would have really mattered. Going in knowing the Aleutians was a diversion and a trap would not have made a damn bit of difference if their planes happened to find our carriers first.

FDR sucks, he knew the Japs would hit us, he didn't know exactly where but was willing to accept it to get us into the war. But he didn't have the first clue the main fleet at Pearl was going to get hit, his mind was on things like trying to figure out how not to lose everyone stationed in the Philippines and of course he couldn't even figure out how to make that happen.
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

I think FDR being a piece of shit could be its own thread, just sayin'.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
jaytwillerham

Post by jaytwillerham »

And yet, FDR is considered and revered as one of our greatest Presidents.
Right up there with Abe Lincoln, another one who couldn't figure out how to avoid our worst war ever.
Greg

Post by Greg »

SteyrAUG wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:39 am And that is why we keep Marines stationed at Okinawa just in case anyone starts to seriously believe that BS.
They hate us being there and it’s always been rumored we would be moving to Guam but it’s never happened. I spent a good 2-3 months in that godforsaken Japanese jungle. Makes you respect our grandfathers who fought the japs there even more.
The humidity there literally sucks the life out of you.
31st MEU is based out of Oki and that’s not gonna change.
Okinawian’s are actually considered different from the main island japs in their culture. They are almost a totally different people over there from the japs

Anyone else on here have to do Helicopter Immersion Tranining in the pool at Oki before you stepped on ship? 🤔 great memories there of forced drownings lol
Last edited by Greg on Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
1st Battalion/5th Marines

NRA Benefactor Lifetime Member

FSN Member Since 2009
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

75 years of foreign occupation by your conquerers does tend to wear on the nerves of a nation’s people.
Imagine if the roles were reversed.
Greg

Post by Greg »

dammitgriff wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:12 am 75 years of foreign occupation by your conquerers does tend to wear on the nerves of a nation’s people.
Imagine if the roles were reversed.
To be fair we basically train their military and Kadena air base is a huge military strongpoint in the pacific. It’s a great force multiplier w the Chinese Reef military buildup

To be honest training over there myself I found the Filipinos the most undertrained and underequipped over there. It was sad seeing how shitty their gear and weapons were

Also remembering this now I’ve never seen more fake clothes and fake items in general in my life than when at the malls in Oki. The locals fake every clothe manufacture there is and try to trick you

And the malls in the Philliines were insane too. Took some pics of their Marines w M16’s w 203 grenade launchers guarding an entrance to the mall.

FSN Member Since 2009
Greg

Post by Greg »

It’s a prosperous relationship we have w japan now. But we’ll also slap a bitch if she gets out of line too. We fought for this bitch and it’s ours.

That’s it in a nutshell 👍

FSN Member Since 2009
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

That’s exactly how psychopathically schizophrenic and pathologically immoral Washington, D.C. views our relationship with Japan and the rest of the world....
We are literally and morally bankrupt, and the global empire we’ve built is now experiencing a rapid decline. Much economic pain and misery is coming to the United States and we will have no one to blame but ourselves for our self-proclaimed exceptionalism and hyper-diversity.
We’re exporting democracy all over the world but it seems no one is buying it any more...
Greg

Post by Greg »

Hmm you must know something I don’t then w that thinking

FSN Member Since 2009