NOTICE: NEW BST RULES coming soon! Input requested

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Casual

Post by Casual »

Post a fuqin photo of the item.. christ its damn near 2019.. dont be a lazy kunt.

Also, chill on the policing and rules shit. FSN has slowed way down as it is in participation... dont kill the forum Moe..
fsnadmin
Site Admin

Post by fsnadmin »

n0rlf wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:23 pm Format for the title [BUY/SELL/TRADE] Title for the item - $0.00 [Location]. Original Offer and Price cannot be modified in the title. When sold, advise in the thread and a moderator will close the tread and mark it sold.
I think that I can make it read-only (first post, that includes the title) after a set time.
I think I can also make it that a mod has to approve the first post, although it would be a lot of trouble for us.

I would rather no rules, but it looks like they are NEEDED. I would also like no sanctions, but it seems that they're needed to.

I also remember a rule where you were not allowed to talk down or bad the product for sale. If a guy want to sell [WTS] a box of .22 for $1000, it is his own damned business.
fsnadmin
Site Admin

Post by fsnadmin »

Skoll wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:40 pm Specific item, price, and location in the title.

No editing titles except to say item is sold or withdrawn.

Everyone who posts in BST must have their location in their profiles.

Make it to where you can't post in BST until you have about 50 posts or been here for a month, that way you actually have to get involved in the community. Not just post your wares and disappear.
Thank you.
Skoll wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:40 pm Make it to where you can't post in BST until you have about 50 posts or been here for a month, that way you actually have to get involved in the community. Not just post your wares and disappear.
I can tie the posting privileges to full membership. New members can read and reply but not create.
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

fsnadmin wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:07 am I can tie the posting privileges to full membership. New members can read and reply but not create.
Wasn't that how it was before the crash? 50-100 posts was full member?
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
OSD

Post by OSD »

Skoll wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:32 am
fsnadmin wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:07 am I can tie the posting privileges to full membership. New members can read and reply but not create.
Wasn't that how it was before the crash? 50-100 posts was full member?
It was 25 posts at one time, but it was lowered to 10 posts in forums other than BST.
Get to ridiculous on a high post number and there will be even less member participation.
I still think the need for forms of payment accepted is needed to help avoid what just happened. That used to be required along with the other items I mentioned in my earlier post.
Jim
Lucy

Post by Lucy »

Skoll wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:40 pmMake it to where you can't post in BST until you have about 50 posts or been here for a month
As has been previously stated, if a guy has a gun he wants to sell but needs 10 cumulative posts prior to listing it in the BST, you're gonna' get a whole bunch of worthless non-sense posts in multiple threads just so he can reach his quota.

A requirement to reach "x" number of posts doesn't contribute to the community when a seller is only here to sell.
n0rlf

Post by n0rlf »

Casual wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:31 am Post a fuqin photo of the item.. christ its damn near 2019.. dont be a lazy kunt.

Also, chill on the policing and rules shit. FSN has slowed way down as it is in participation... dont kill the forum Moe..
We tried that. It did not work out so well. Face it guys, some of the language and comments are keeping members both present and future away. No need to get too carried away and if everyone acts like they are with family it should police itself.

Try to keep it reasonably decent. The swearing and name calling is coming to an end. No need for it here anyway. Once that rule was not being followed it got out of hand.

We need to be respectful yet allow for the banter that has made this board fun for the last 13 years i have been here. It is not all that hrd and i am sure I have been guilty of language myself being a marine and a Sailor.

So, forum rules and BST rules are coming. Hard to be anywhere rules are not needed. Lets try to self police and respect each other so they can be minimal. Having to take remedial action on members is not good and almost always leaads to even further problems. Having said that it will happen as needed. Hopefully few and far between.

I like most of the suggestions so far. Did anyone find a copy of the old BST rules?
Buster

Post by Buster »

Its been alluded to, but I think important enough to support: please no deletion of the asking price after the item is sold.
This will give us all a sense of market values.
Thx
Serenity now ...
Odessaman

Post by Odessaman »

There used to be a strikethrough button on the toolbar that allowed price and description adjustments while leaving the original post intact - that would be helpful. Although, that doesn't do much good if the original post is locked for editing after a period of time.

I also agree with OSD:
Seller must include what forms of payment they will accept, whether they will ship or not, what forms of ID they will accept, and if a Bill of Sale is required for the sale.
If a seller has specific requirements for a sale, put them in the ad - otherwise, everything is open to negotiation.

Finally, the ONLY way to call dibs on an item should be to post "I'll take it" as a reply in the thread - a PM asking "will you ship?" or "got any ammo with that?" or "will you drive halfway across the state to meet me on your only day off so I can buy your $20 holster?" is NOT a commitment that forecloses other offers. BUT, posting "I'll take it" DOES mean the buyer accepts all the terms of sale stated by the seller.
n0rlf

Post by n0rlf »

Odessaman wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:13 am Finally, the ONLY way to call dibs on an item should be to post "I'll take it" as a reply in the thread - a PM asking "will you ship?" or "got any ammo with that?" or "will you drive halfway across the state to meet me on your only day off so I can buy your $20 holster?" is NOT a commitment that forecloses other offers. BUT, posting "I'll take it" DOES mean the buyer accepts all the terms of sale stated by the seller.
This is one I am not sure about. The seller should have the right of refusal to sell to someone if they so wish. At least I would think so. Tough call

A PM does not mean much at all as far as who is "First" if the seller decides he will sell to one person over another. Now, if it is because someone offers more after the deal is struck there is a problem. I know there are members some would not care to sell to , i know other members may have the same feelings. How should that be handled?

I am all for, as one member here stated, less rules and policing, more people acting like adults and responsible gun owners. This is more about maintaining the board and some vestiage of control. It is hard to moderate withour rules.

However, it is not my call here and my opinion has no weight, it is up to the board members to decide.