NOTICE: NEW BST RULES coming soon! Input requested

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
n0rlf

NOTICE: NEW BST RULES coming soon! Input requested

Post by n0rlf »

Ladies and gentlemen,

As I am sure most know by now there was a small disagreement in a transaction from the BST recently. The involved parties have a couple weeks to ponder their reactions and how they handled it. Long story short enough is enough. It is obvious I need to get the BSt rules set out sooner rather than later. So, along that line I am requesting everyone's constructive input on BST rules. What did you like from the past? What was not liked? Wht worked elsewhere? I m pretty wide open with a few exceptions of course for the board to remain neutral.

The format for posting an item was standardized some time ago but is not being followed. That will be amongst the rules as well. It has been shown to make for less confusion.

I could use a copy of the old rules or as much as anyone remembers if anyone has them. Just post them here or feel free to PM.

OK, let the suggestions begin! I will hold this open until next week late. i will then get the new rules posted for comments and they will be in place and enforced shortly after that.

Thanks in advance.

Forgot to post the Format that was put in place a few weeks ago. I am open to suggestions there as well.

Format for the title [BUY/SELL/TRADE] Title for the item - $0.00 [Location]. Original Offer and Price cannot be modified in the title. When sold, advise in the thread and a moderator will close the tread and mark it sold.
Gmountain

Post by Gmountain »

I would like the specific item in the title. For instance, say FS Smith model 642 $300. Not- FS cleaning out the safe.

Also, leace the price in the post and mark sold in the title.
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

Specific item, price, and location in the title.

No editing titles except to say item is sold or withdrawn.

Everyone who posts in BST must have their location in their profiles.

Make it to where you can't post in BST until you have about 50 posts or been here for a month, that way you actually have to get involved in the community. Not just post your wares and disappear.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
Jeepsnguns
Location: Relocated from Manatee County Florida to Marion County Oregon

Post by Jeepsnguns »

Wow, I must have missed something, I haven't seen any weirdness in the BST other than some folks putting up ads without their location.
There are certain folks that use FSN only as a gun selling forum, no posts elsewhere.
Not sure how you keep track of that behavior.
n0rlf

Post by n0rlf »

I should have mentioned I will take the advice given in the BST thread into account.

Keep in mind not all input can be in as some is likely to be at odds. We will do the best we can and adjust as we go.
Jeepsnguns
Location: Relocated from Manatee County Florida to Marion County Oregon

Post by Jeepsnguns »

Skoll wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:40 pm No editing titles except to say item is sold or withdrawn.
I would add that it's ok to edit the title to say Price Reduced.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

To me it seemed the problem was about who was going to eat the Paypal fees. If you buy from someone you know, & trust, then do family, & friends. But if you are buying from a stranger, the seller should be prepared to eat the fees, or bump the price a few bucks to absorb the fees. GARY
OSD

Post by OSD »

Original Offer and Price cannot be modified in the title or in the post itself. You can update(add to the post) post but not delete anything.
Seller must include what forms of payment they will accept, whether they will ship or not, what forms of ID they will accept, and if a Bill of Sale is required for the sale.
Jim
NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

Gmountain wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:31 pm I would like the specific item in the title. For instance, say FS Smith model 642 $300. Not- FS cleaning out the safe.
I would think that would/could possibly really clutter the marketplace.

For example, if someone were selling numerous accessories, having the specific item in the title might require someone to start 20+ threads. You might log in to find someone took up an entire page of B/S/T trying to get rid of some parts or whatever.

I don't think it ever hurts to take the 30 seconds to read a "clearing out the safe" or "multiple firearm/accessories" listing.
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

Drop the rule about belitling the sellers price, let the members self police the BST .....way too often you've got people asking retail for a used gun....let the members speak and post , say if they find it for sale elsewhere cheaper, or its way out of line , a simple, are you shite on that asking price , or way too high comment usually is good enough for a check...it will also keep items from sitting too long and becoming a stale ad with 25 bumps.

Hell I have stuff that I will not take ( less than $/xxx ) for it, gunbroker stopped the reserve pricing to test the market ...other forums should too. Some people are truly oblivious and have no clue as to the price... we shouldn't have to see the same ad for months at a time because some sellers is being unrealistic.

Like selling 80% lowers at the same price the mfg sells them for. :mrgreen: